Elyria turnpike entrance. Beware

Tonik

Going north on 57, just as you exit onto the ramp as it curves right are the nastiest tar snakes I have ever dealt with. I it about six inches wide and runs parallel to the road most of the way up the ramp. I was taking it easy and as I crossed it my rear slide two inches to the right. Was not pleasant.

I am amazed that you got a response from them. We have an issue down here with tar snakes everywhere, Ive inquired to the state offices about them and never gotten anywhere with them. The county doesnt do much with tar snakes, they seem, to just put a coating of tar down and then gravel on top of it.

Wander if a bike rider could sue for hitting said pot hole since its up to the state to fix that shit.....hmmm

Yes, if they know about it or should have known about it. I can't find the link, but there was a very recent case in Ohio where a riders family sued the State and won a big chunk of money for that very reason.

• 2 weeks later...

They didn't do jack, and never followed up with me. So when you take that entrance just enter the ramp in the left track...and stay there. The whole turnpike is one giant tar patch right now. They went nuts. Asshats.

Heads up on Rt 83 at Chester. They just laid down a crap-load of tar snakes in the left turn lane today. With as much as they put down, they should have just tarred the whole thing!

You're not kidding. I came off of 83 and turned onto Chester to get to work today after lunch, and was shocked at the sheer amount.