So the journey begins.... Haha

mfs81

So I got out yesterday and started practicing on my bike. Buddy Mikey, helped and taught me alot of stuff! Still soaking in the information. Alot to learn and grasp. But Im starting to feel little more comfortable on the bike. I cant wait to get time and go at it again!

:o

You got that MSF course scheduled yet?

No I have not. I wanted to get an understanding of basic moves, throttle and clutch control 1st. Then once I get warmed up, will register. I already know classes fill up fast. I just want to get comfortable and confidence inwhich I kinda got yesterday... Lol

Might as well schedule it now. By the time it comes around you'll probably have had plenty of time to practice.

Seconded.

Before my MSF course the only thing k had ever ridden with gears was a bicycle. Still got a neat perfect score on evaluation test thing.

I rode dirt bikes growing up so i understood riding but my wife wanted to learn to ride too. So i scheduled both of us to take the course. It was a good refresher for me. She never drove a bike let alone sit on one before the MSF. She could drive stick so i'm sure that helped some. But she was able to learn it all and pass the course by the end.

That was also the last time she rode a bike too. She doesn't feel comfortable enough or confident enough to ride on the street. I've tried to get her to ride again but she doesn't want too. O-well, less worrying i have to do.

I learned the hard way, in the dirt as a kid. My Dad bought me a little thumper when I was 11, didn't show me shit....he just took it off the truck, showed me the controls and said have at it......after lots of scrapes, bruises, couple broken bones, and a wicked laceration, I eventually got pretty good at it.

I don't recommend the sink or swim method, but it's how it went for me.

If you get that course finished, you'll have a much bigger understanding of the fundamentals AND you'll be less likely to dump your own bike. If you put theirs on the ground, much less lost.....just sayin

Yea Im aware...

Still want that prep work too.. Lol

Going to have to call you out Matt on this one. Were scheduling the course on June 21, 23 and 24. I will take the course with him but he wants to learn right away.

When you getting your temps Matt?

riding without temps or a license, not taking the msf seriously - waiting for last minute - probably wont take it at all and claiming they were all booked and he will take it next year....do you at least have insurance on your bike, so whenever you hit somebody on it, they will be covered from your ignorance?

you do realize its a written test and $25 to get your temps, right?.....thats a hell of a lot cheaper than a riding without a license ticket.....please get your shit together and dont be another douche on a sport bike....

msf will teach you as if you never sat on a bike before, not taking the class first could end up i wish i would of... many riders on here have regreted not taking the class first. just my .02. Good luck

Going to have to call you out Matt on this one. Were scheduling the course on June 21, 23 and 24. I will take the course with him but he wants to learn right away.

When you getting your temps Matt?

THANKS!

riding without temps or a license, not taking the msf seriously - waiting for last minute - probably wont take it at all and claiming they were all booked and he will take it next year....do you at least have insurance on your bike, so whenever you hit somebody on it, they will be covered from your ignorance?

you do realize its a written test and $25 to get your temps, right?.....thats a hell of a lot cheaper than a riding without a license ticket.....please get your shit together and dont be another douche on a sport bike....

Just wanted to let you know, I'M TAKING EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY! I would never put one wheel on a street or road without the proper permits in my name etc. I've been only practicing in a parking lot and no where else. For the temps, certain parts I have a few struggles with in which I'm hashing them out!

Thank you for your concern and feedback! All advice taken!

- douche out

I have this nasty feeling that nothing being said is sinking in. Albeit were all looking out for him, just not sure he's actually looking for advice or acceptance

Don't really have access to a cpu to get online and post. I work. All advice is accepted taken!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

msf will teach you as if you never sat on a bike before, not taking the class first could end up i wish i would of... many riders on here have regreted not taking the class first. just my .02. Good luck

Oh I wouldn't pass it up. .02 well spent!

I felt much better, hopping on my bike that I spent money on, after learning ob the junkers at the course. Seriously, you need ZERO experience walking into the brc. It's actually probably better if you wait. So you won't learn any bad habits, and have to unlearn them.

I rode dirt bikes growing up so i understood riding but my wife wanted to learn to ride too. So i scheduled both of us to take the course. It was a good refresher for me. She never drove a bike let alone sit on one before the MSF. She could drive stick so i'm sure that helped some. But she was able to learn it all and pass the course by the end.

That was also the last time she rode a bike too. She doesn't feel comfortable enough or confident enough to ride on the street. I've tried to get her to ride again but she doesn't want too. O-well, less worrying i have to do.

My wife is the same way. I have been riding for a bit and we both took the course last year. She had never been on a motorcycle before and passed with flying colors. She has only been out a few times with me and isn't overly interested in riding. I don't push the issue and just offer up a ride once in a while.

The course reinforced what I had learned through experience over the years. The learning curve would have been a lot less had I taken the course at the beginning rather than 10 years down the road....

Why does a work schedule always have to suck? Its pays the bills I guess... But I rather be out riding the bike than sitting in an office pretty much all day. It will happen soon or later THATS FOR SURE! MSF is coming up real fast... blah!!! lol

I understand, I'd do the same for my buddies. just dont let him drop his ride!

So far so good... I would risk a body part 1st before the bike get's a scratch or dent...lol

ATGATT!