Competition Accessories Springfield Ohio?

Tonik

Never been there but they used to be affiliated with www.compacc.com copied from site:

The old Competition Accessories Motorcycle & ATV Superstore in Springfield, Ohio has been serving local riders since 1993. The store is a full line franchised Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati dealer offering sales and service on these and other models. The Ohio retail store is owned and operated by ride motorcycles inc. and is no longer connected to www.compacc.com or the South Carolina catalog outlet store. They also offer a large selection of aftermarket parts and accessories displayed in an award winning store design. If you are in the central Ohio area be sure to stop in to check out the new and used Motorcycles, ATVs and Scooters. (Note: prices and selection at this location will not match the pricing and products posted internet, catalogs and magazine ads.) for all Aftermarket Parts and Accessories use www.compacc.com for your orders.

Competition Accessories has a pretty decent OEM parts dept. Their counter guys seem to have a pretty good grasp on things. I've used them for Mikuni Carb jets. They actually stock most of the more common sizes, and the one time they didn't have them in stock, they shipped them to me for free. They do have a fair amount of gear, but certainly nothing compared to Iron Pony.

I go there often, they are a little higher on their prices, but they have a big bike selection. They have decent selection of jackets, helmets, gloves, ect. but if you are planning to shop for gear iron pony is better. The staff are very helpful and friendly, and they use "attractive" women to sell gear. I havent had experience with their service department though.

Won't go there again. Bought one bike there, bad experience all around. I happily drive to Louisville for my Ducati needs, which is triple the distance than going to Comp Ass!

Chris

• Upvote 1

I happily drive to Louisville for my Ducati needs, which is triple the distance than going to Comp Ass!

Chris

Agree, I take my Ducati and KTM back to Commonwealth every chance I get. Though, Clinton County KTM is a pretty nice shop that helped me out.

I have been over to Comp. Ass. a couple times. As others have stated, gear selection is limited and they are not worth the visit when Iron Pony is just a bit down the road.

I have been in and out of the store 3 times and only once did a sales associate engage. I was oggling the Ducatis every time with a receptionist sitting there. Never once did she ask if we needed assistance or offer to get coffee, tea or .... to make a customer feel welcome.

Their loss and I dropped $500 or more at the pony on a helmet, gloves, jacket and a few other bits and bobbles.

Competition Accessories is a nice place, lots of bikes to check out, some nice eyecandy with the girls who work in accessories. Im not a fan of their prices, I tried to get a better deal on my Speed and Strength helmet they said they couldnt go lower than the listed price that if they did they would lose their distributor contract with SS. So when I found a pair of S&S gloves I wanted that were selling for 100 I asked them if they could cut me a deal on the price and they come down to 95. Nate at RD ended up getting me my helmet for 60 bucks less then CA was willing to go. I go there to see if they got the gear I want and try it on, then I buy elsewhere

Highly dislike the uneducated " eye candy". Very unprofessional attitudes last time my wife and I stopped in. I don't care who miss skinny mini made out with at the party last Friday. ( this was the convo we overheard between two of the said " eye candy sales members"

Really? Sounds like a plus to me. Walk in, grab a Mt Dew and Snickers out of the machines in the back corner, and walk around eavesdropping on stuff like that.

;)

• Upvote 1

If you have a Panigale as shown in your list, you need to jump ship and start going to Ducati Indianapolis. Trust me when I say they are the best Ducati performance guys around. They had three Panigales torn down for race prep when I was there Friday... And I am talking full tear downs - not just exhausts, etc. Probably one of the most educated overall performance Duc shops I have seen.

As a fact, I do have a Panigale ABS. I got the first base model that Commonwealth received. I got a decent discount and two years free scheduled maintenance.

I understand that Ducati Indy is a great shop too. Commonwealth appears to do quite a few race bikes, probably not as great for race prep as Indy BUT I'm not racing my 1199 and currently have no intention of doing so.

Chris

• Upvote 1

I've been quite a few times both for either parts or service since it's pretty close to my parents house in Beavercreek, and I've never been impressed with anything but the size of the place.

It seems like every time I went I was treated like I was in the staff's way, and I had a hard time getting someone's attention (place wasn't busy, staff standing around) when trying to buy parts/gear. My only service experience was a tire change which took a very long time and was done incorrectly (tires mounted backwards).

There are too many other dealers that are better to make me want to go back.

• Upvote 1

Chris,

How dare you make your own decision on where to take YOUR bike, and how dare you be happy with that shop!

The fact that you are not racing means nothing or shouldn't. What it means that a shop that does such intense and deep work on machines in a performance sense is that they are the first guys to see issues, the first guys to have solutions and the first guys to ask about the bike itself. I can promise that even at the basic level, Commonwealth and Ducati Indy will know more about your bike than anyone else.

It isn't about racing. But, would you buy a performance bike from a company with a long race history and success at high performance machines or a Chinese company that copied it and sells it for less? Odds are that you go with the prior example.

I guess what I am saying is that you don't have to race to get the best service. The racing history both shops have is a reason to take your bike to because they are doing more than oil changes and have more knowledge of the machines than anyone else...

All three shops are about the same distance. You bought from Commonwealth and take it to Louisville. I would take it back to Commonwealth or like I said, Indy as they are much more reputable than Louisville...

I forgive you. Jesus probably will, too. Thats cool that you ended your name-calling response with a prayer.

Hey dick, I was responding to the idea that he doesn't take it to the other shops due to he does race or track his bike. Facts are facts and I listed that the shops I mentioned are quality shops.

He can take it to you for service for all I care. I gave some suggestions since he is the same distance from all of them...

Jesus. Forgive me for suggesting a fellow Panigale member to a shop that is very knowledgable on the bike. Fuck.:nono:

• Upvote 1

Hey dick, I was responding to the idea that he doesn't take it to the other shops due to he does race or track his bike. Facts are facts and I listed that the shops I mentioned are quality shops.

He can take it to you for service for all I care. I gave some suggestions since he is the same distance from all of them...

Jesus. Forgive me for suggesting a fellow Panigale member to a shop that is very knowledgable on the bike. Fuck.:nono:

Good intentions bad wording.

I appreciate the advice. I understand Indy is a great shop. I really like Chad at Commonwealth and since I still have 14 more months of free scheduled maintenance at Commonwealth, I'll stick with them for now.

Chris