Tim Tebow released by Jets

max power

he'll end up in the CFL because he won't change positions

I hope he can hold a clip board well, eh.

I wouldn't mind him here as a backup/TE an some offensive variety. Bring back the wild-cat!

This is assuming we get him cheap though. Like $9 mil, 3 years, half that guaranteed, and potential for $12 mil with incentives.

He was never given a legitimate chance. He beat the Steelers in the playoffs and then the following year, he wasn't given any playing time at QB

So you're implying he deserves the chance? Despite the fact that 2 NFL teams have thought differently, and none of the other NFL teams wanted to trade anything for him?

I just have to believe that the people who evaluate NFL talent for a living may know a few things we don't.

Elway was embarrassed to field a team that was basically playing a college offense. NFL defenses caught on an exposed him for being a below average quarterback. I think he'll get another chance in the NFL but it might not be for a few years and maybe not as a quarterback.

I just have to believe that the people who evaluate NFL talent for a living may know a few things we don't.

Apparently not, he was drafted in the first round of the draft and handed a buttload of money and then another team traded to get him.

• Upvote 1

I think there's a lot of confusion about him. I feel like theres something that I'm not being told. I'm not a hardcore football guy, I don't play Fantasy or anything like that, and I don't evaluate players. It looked to me like he did some good stuff with the Broncos, had a lot of buzz around him, stuck to his Christian beliefs openly, and has been blacklisted because of it. It seemed that Elway didn't like him, and though I can't really put my finger on it (though I think Elway made some snarky comments) it seemed to stem from Tebows beliefs.

Maybe Tebow should have said he was Muslim. Or gay. He would have been embraced.

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

This is assuming we get him cheap though. Like $9 mil, 3 years, half that guaranteed, and potential for $12 mil with incentives.

hell thats still pretty expensive for what he brings even at only half guaranteed

Maybe Tebow should have said he was Muslim. Or gay. He would have been embraced.

Good point. I think the problems stem from Tebow acting like he is holier than thou and Gods gift to football, which he is not. Attitude is everything.

Good point. I think the problems stem from Tebow acting like he is holier than thou and Gods gift to football, which he is not. Attitude is everything.

I don't think that is his attitude at all - far from it.

He isn't ashamed to be a Christian - does that automatically mean you think that way? No, not necessarily.

Even though I don't necessarily agree with some of the stuff he says, he is a baller and a leader on the field - his attitude is the one thing everybody comments about and it isn't what you're saying.

He just wants to play football and prefers being a quarterback. He needs to humble himself and try another position or go play arena football because everyone but Tebow knows he can't throw worth a crap.

It's got nothing to do with being a Christian. That's why I quoted that if he were a Muslim or homo he wold be embraced.

He had one good game against a heavily injured and old steelers team and suddenly he and his fans thought he should be the starter everywhere he went and he made it obvious he felt that way.

A little humility goes a long way when you are a noob in the NFL just like it does when you are a noob here.

People don't dislike Tebow because of Tebow. They dislike him because of the media. Just like a lot of people want Danica to fail in Nascar. The media put these people on a high pedestal and it turns people against them. Tebow would have a better, longer career if he could have remained just an ordinary player.

I think there's a lot of confusion about him. I feel like theres something that I'm not being told. I'm not a hardcore football guy, I don't play Fantasy or anything like that, and I don't evaluate players. It looked to me like he did some good stuff with the Broncos, had a lot of buzz around him, stuck to his Christian beliefs openly, and has been blacklisted because of it. It seemed that Elway didn't like him, and though I can't really put my finger on it (though I think Elway made some snarky comments) it seemed to stem from Tebows beliefs.

Bingo...........