Gas hike alert

chevysoldier

Went up today to the 3.799 mark. It's a fricken joke.

I know WTF? There is no justification for prices to jump over $0.30 overnight other than greed. In OH, Speedway is the predominant supplier so they set the prices (or so I've heard on the radio). I generally avoid going there for that reason.

Springboro/ Franklin area mostly still at $3.33, if you're in the area.

GasBuddy app.

This

That area is always cheap or the same price as everywhere else. Was riding through there on Sunday and the speedway at the corner of 73 and cin-day was $3.35.

When I need gas I try and find something to do up that way so i have a reason to fill up there.

We commute 2 counties everday, so when prices are up in northern Miami county I wait until northern Dayton where it's typically cheaper around Huber Heights.....at least for an extra day. I had points saved up at Kroger gas so my 18 gallon fillup yesterday was only $3.25/gal

Man, my company vehicle is in the shop, and I had to fill up the stang with 93 octane for $4.03 today to get to my jobsite. :eek: That's crap!

Wait, you can't get a rental for the interim?

And I sure hope you're not trying to access sites in the mountains in a Stang.....that would be a sight to see. :D

Speedway in the middle of Springboro jumped it to $3.79 yesterday, most others holding at $3.33. *$#)(@$ Speedway....

everyone else follows speedway's pricing. speedway is the country's largest gas station chain.

they're the first to go up and the first to go down. at least this is what they said on the news a few years ago.

UDF by my house is always the cheapest. I got it for $3.47 yesterday every other station was already at $3.69. kroger card helps me out sometimes when I get 20 cents off etc.

kroger card helps me out sometimes when I get 20 cents off etc.

Not to mention that every Kroger's gas station always seems to be somewhat cheaper than any other gas station, probably because they can afford to sell right near actual cost.

Wait, you can't get a rental for the interim?

And I sure hope you're not trying to access sites in the mountains in a Stang.....that would be a sight to see. :D

Well, I'm hoping that the truck will be done this week. And this gave me some much needed office time this week, other than the run to the Dayton site yesterday, which luckily had a very small and easy access.

I mean, I'd really rather drive the convertible stang or the bike on days when the weather is nice; rather than a rental, you know? I'll take the mileage.

Edited by Ron505

Put $50 in the caddy yesterday at $4.03 at the shell down the street. Didn't even fill it all the way up. There is a Speedway by my work that hasn't moved from $3.53 this entire time and the UDF a block down the road is up at $3.79. I still see people at that UDF and the speedway remains fairly empty :dunno: