$1103 speeding ticket

ReconRat

Well, I'm glad I don't live in the state of Oregon.

The automatic fine for over 100 mph is $1103.

Bad luck for a new Ducati.

Washington man cited after high-speed test ride of new motorcycle in Central Oregon

Seattle-area motorcyclist gets $1,103 ticket for going 130 mph in central Oregon

edit: Oregon thinks they can suspend his Washington license? Can they do that?

Edited by ReconRat

edit: Oregon thinks they can suspend his Washington license? Can they do that?

Probably bad wording.

They have reciprocity I am sure. So the ticket is severe enough that Washington could spend him.

Guess he shouldn't have stopped :confused:

May have been cheaper......if they can't clock your speed but cite you for eluding, probably have been less that $700 :lol:

Edited by Hellmutt

Is it that hard to stay under 100mph?

I wish we had variable speed limits... There is no reason to go 60mph when the road is completely straight, and completely empty. If there's a lot of traffic, sure, 60 makes sense, but the same road can be navigated safely at drastically varying speeds, depending on time of day, weather, traffic, and the vehicle being used. It doesn't make sense to me to pigeon-hole a given stretch of highway with a single speed limit...

He lives in the "wealthy Lake Washington enclave of Medina" and just bought a brand new $20K motorcycle. He probably doesn't care about the $1103 dollars for the ticket and will probably lawyer up and not lose his license.

He lives in the "wealthy Lake Washington enclave of Medina" and just bought a brand new $20K motorcycle. He probably doesn't care about the $1103 dollars for the ticket and will probably lawyer up and not lose his license.

Bingo. He theoretically "could" lose his license, just as you theoretically "could spend some time in jail and a $1000 fine for riding outside your moto temps or without an endorsement. It *almost* never happens, but that's what's on the books.

Now, this guy's primary error (at least according to the article) was that he admitted wrongdoing to the cop, and explained that "bought a new go-fast bike, durrr" was the reason for his speed. You're getting a ticket for 130MPH, you're not getting a warning. Clam the fuck up, refuse to answer any questions, take your ticket and prepare to mount whatever defense you can/want afterwards.

Is it that hard to stay under 100mph?

I wish we had variable speed limits... There is no reason to go 60mph when the road is completely straight, and completely empty. If there's a lot of traffic, sure, 60 makes sense, but the same road can be navigated safely at drastically varying speeds, depending on time of day, weather, traffic, and the vehicle being used. It doesn't make sense to me to pigeon-hole a given stretch of highway with a single speed limit...

Nor I. Oregon highways, however, are scary mothers. Freezing happens so infrequently that they don't plow, and the pavement is ridiculously coarse. I'd hate to see how fast a tire gets chewed up on that pavement, and even more afraid to see what happens if you take a spill.

BTD talks so much about ftp and I don't stop for police etc.... Why such a big ticket? Lol

Road block.

Seriously.

The trooper that clocked me called it in, and two other troopers where waiting for me at the end of the road. The road "T"'ed. The had me. I had no choice.