Toy Hauler Repair?

Limitedslip7

I've got a line on a 2007 23' toy hauler with some water damage from a roof leak. I've got the dealer talked down to $3700 but I'm just not sure if I want to pull the trigger yet (3 hour drive one way to pick it up). I just spent 5 months on a very labor intensive jetski build and I'm kind of tired of working on shit that isn't really fun to work on. The leaks were on the front end and the rest of the thing looks good from the pics. He said it would need new paneling and 2x4s. Has a clean title but I'm unsure of the miles.

Think this would be a good buy? How much time and money would be involved in fixing it? Worth it or run away?

IMG950824_zpsf45241b4.jpg

3L83N63H15Ia5Ec5Fed4t05e8702034071ae6_zps5ca584ba.jpg

IMG954815_zpsdc405695.jpg

IMG958201_zpsef464eda.jpg

To do it right, you will have to gut the front end. That thing appears to have extensive damage.

There is nothing easy about working on these campers. Trust me.

I spent all day Saturday just replacing the floor joists in a small bathroom on my camper. I feel like somebody kicked my ass.

I am also guessing that you will have more damage by the time you get home. Just ask Bowdog.

Personally, I'd run away from this. Aside from internal rot, structural/cosmetic damages, and locating the leaks entry wound....there could be electrical corrosion/issues as well as other hidden problems you'll find as you tear it down. If you're looking to get into one cheap, plan to keep it a long time, and dont mind spending a bunch of time on repairs to get this one road worthy.....buy it up. Just fyi, this would be quite an undertaking if you're not rv saavy

Run away, trust me. There is another 4K minimum in that with parts/labor if you sub it out. If you do it yourself, probably looking at an easy 3K in parts and the time you will spend on it.

You can spend another 2-3K and get one on here that is fine, or hell, buy a new one that size for a tad more. Sure it isn't as loaded, but it also isn't damaged.

Camper repair is not for the weak, especially with the newer stuff, like that. Fiberglass body panels will be the end of your life as you know it if you are fixing it yourself, it's not pleasant. This is 1 reason I buy siding style trailers only and not fiberglass.

If you have specific questions, I haven't done a full gut like this would need, but I have done some water damage repair with way more minor status.