1997 zx6r

Blitz

I have my Kwakker on Craigslist. She runs strong. Recently had the carbs cleaned and synced for the season and she's actually running better now than any time that I've had her.

I'd probably go $2200 for an OR member.

Lots of maintenance already complete. It will need a set of rear brake pads though.

New battery in the last month

New front tire

Etc, etc

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3777171307.html

P1090292.jpg

P1090267.jpg

Edited by Blitz

Why couldn't he meet up with me Bandit? What happened?

I just mean I don't remember talking to him. Spoke with a lot of people about the bike in the past few weeks.

Edited by Blitz

We was going to meet with you at Coshocton walmart and go for a little test ride but something came up that day and one of us couldn't make it.

He just happened to be walking by the computer when I clicked on this post and he said "hey that's the bike I was going to look at after church that day." He still had the pics on his phone to prove it, lol.

Oh.....yep that's true. He had a Suzuki GS500F to trade. I thought about it but I was worried it wouldn't be fast enough for me. He ended up getting what he wanted though didn't he?

Hey guys, am I asking a fair price?

It seems like I have nothing but low ballers contacting me. Nobody wants to pay more than 2k, and the bike has all of the maintenance done that other bikes sold at 2k don't have.

I don't know.....I think it's a fair number. So many shit heads around here.

ie - At 4:30 am: "Hey man, I have a full time job and I love the bike. Will you take payments?"

2k isn't really that much of a low ball on an asking price of 2400 is you ask me. Its craigslist, everyone wants a deal so you always have to price your item at $500 above what you want for it

I originally had it at $2800.....just due to all of the work/ parts I've put into it.  I thought I was high so I lowered what I was asking.  It's not that I'm being lowballed, I'm just firm to anything below $2300/ $2200.  And I've had 4 or 5 people back out because I won't go down to 2k.  There are a lot of bikes at this price and I just think they feel they can get a bike at 2k or below, so they choose to do that instead of buy mine.

I don't think they're appreciating all of the maintenance that's done, that they wouldn't have to do.  But it's made me wonder if I'm asking too much.

Hey guys, am I asking a fair price?

It seems like I have nothing but low ballers contacting me. Nobody wants to pay more than 2k, and the bike has all of the maintenance done that other bikes sold at 2k don't have.

I don't know.....I think it's a fair number. So many shit heads around here.

ie - At 4:30 am: "Hey man, I have a full time job and I love the bike. Will you take payments?"

Shitheads around Central Ohio CL.....not OR.

Edited by Blitz

Your bike's clean and sounds well maintained ...but its value is determined at least in part by what ELSE can be had for $2400

Go on CL and set $2400 as your max price (and do 1800 or some thing as your minimum to avoid a bunch of parts results). That's your competition. It doesn't matter how nice your bike is if they (think they) can get a better deal on another bike that's newer, more powerful, etc.

Or, if I'm speaking for myself, I don't want to pay even $2200 for a bike that's 16 years old. I don't want a pristine 16 yr old bike, I want one that's been laid down, and I can pick up for $500.

Edited by redkow97

Your bike's clean and sounds well maintained ...but its value is determined at least in part by what ELSE can be had for $2400

Go on CL and set $2400 as your max price (and do 1800 or some thing as your minimum to avoid a bunch of parts results). That's your competition. It doesn't matter how nice your bike is if they (think they) can get a better deal on another bike that's newer, more powerful, etc.

Or, if I'm speaking for myself, I don't want to pay even $2200 for a bike that's 16 years old. I don't want a pristine 16 yr old bike, I want one that's been laid down, and I can pick up for $500.

Good call. Mine is definitely the best true 600cc sport bike in that price range. I guess I'll just be patient and see what happens.