1997 zx6r

Blitz

$2k and the plastics are yours. :)

I would do that but I'm saving for the big boy kawi and then I'm gonna make mine a track bike once I put 3rd back in the tranny. Yours runs great but i think mines got a little more motor than yours

I would do that but I'm saving for the big boy kawi and then I'm gonna make mine a track bike once I put 3rd back in the tranny. Yours runs great but i think mines got a little more motor than yours

You're crazy if you think yours has more motor than mine.

You're crazy if you think yours has more motor than mine.
I smell cock fight:ph34r:

"That's How It's Done Son"

I honestly don't know what would make him think that.  We've ridden together once and I wasn't going to race him on 79 going into Heath.  Later that ride he was nowhere near..... :dunno:

I just don't ever push it as hard as you push yours in corners. And your right I am crazy I got my papers last week. I wasn't comfortable in the corners at that time the week before I had a f150 come in my lane in a corner and almost shit myself

Edited by ZxHooligan

I also maintain mine constantly.

How many miles does your have?  Not trying to be a dick, but that 3rd gear isn't missing from light usage....

Right on.

My motor hasn't been rebuilt.  But it hasn't needed to be.  I've only had it for 8k miles of it's life, and though I ride fast.....I've never once had it to redline. I cringe when I hear guys peg their bikes off the rev limiter on Youtube. In fact with redline at 14.5k RPMs, I shift at 11 or 12 at the most when I'm really riding it.

So, it looks clean and runs strong and smooth.  And I feel very comfortable saying that the next guy will enjoy it just as much as I have due to the way I've maintained it.

With only 8k on it it should be good for another 30k.I've never owned a bike with low miles my first bike had 60k on it when I got it but its a CX Honda which runs forever as I'm told. The next one I get I think I'm just gonna buy a brand new one. if I talk to anyone looking for a bike I will point them your way

That generation ZX6/ZZR is eligible for vintage racing.  According to that crowd, the only real difference between them (other than bodywork for the various years) is that the ZX6 had mildly better suspension.  I'm talking stiffer forks, and probably slightly better shock/fork internals when the ZZR was built down to a price-point below the ZX6.  Engines should be identical.

Hey guys, am I asking a fair price?

It seems like I have nothing but low ballers contacting me. Nobody wants to pay more than 2k, and the bike has all of the maintenance done that other bikes sold at 2k don't have.

Yep, maintenance has no value. It may help get yours sold faster than others but no market value. Mods are pretty much the same way. $2k is not bad but everyone wants to think they got a deal. So, you have to price it $500 over what you want as others have said.

At least to me the difference between 2200 and 2000 is pretty minimal and worth it to unload the bike with as little hassle as possible. If you're not in a hurry or a very patient person then hold out but I'd personally take $2k and move on to my next purchases

Yep, maintenance has no value. It may help get yours sold faster than others but no market value. Mods are pretty much the same way. $2k is not bad but everyone wants to think they got a deal. So, you have to price it $500 over what you want as others have said.

Mike, I sent you a PM that you may not have seen with the new site setup. 

Something clean.....not sure what yet. Something newer than 2003 and fuel injected. Would like to go European instead of Japanese, but it has to makes sense in terms of reliability. Found a couple F4i's I like, but I might end up mad I didn't get an RR if I do that.

If I could get anything I'd get a 636 that's clean and low miles, but people want way too much for them. So we'll see I guess. You know I'll post it as soon as I get it.

Edited by Blitz