Whatsa behind me is important!

Strictly Street

I have the Joker Machine 09-314-CC cafe mirrors on my Ducati. Certainly not cheap but I like the looks and they function great. Also check for Napoleon Mirrors, much less expensive option for bar end stuff.

http://jokermachine.com/products/cafe-racer/mirrors/cafe-style-bar-end-mirrors.html

IMG_8123.jpg~original

I put Moto-Elite folding bar end mirrors on my gsxr and don't think I'd go back to the stock mirrors. It does take some getting used to as Gump said but it becomes natural quickly. Here's the link if you're interested, and they're only $100 for both and it's well worth it to have the folding mirrors in my opinion.

http://motoelite.bigcartel.com/product/folding-bar-end-mirrors

I was taught to stop for oncoming funerals as a sign of respect for the dead. That truck is at fault no matter what. It doesnt matter the reason you come to a stop. there could have been an animal in the road or debris.

Fleabay offered this style which looks like I can mount over my present weighted bar ends ending my concerns over bar buzz or replace the present bar ends.

Either or, for the price. $14.50 a pair w/free ship I just had to order.

If they work out really well I can take off the stock mirrors.

With the reduction in drag I can probably get a performance boost of 40 or 50 mph or about the same as adding chrome to something.

mn4nbl7sD7BBmXDQXTmy8-g.jpg

I'll let you know how it all works out in a week or so.

Mirrors are worthless. You should get really loud pipes. If you rev them while sitting at a light people will hear you and stop.
One project at a time :D Edited by Strictly Street
for the lolz

Fleabay offered this style which looks like I can mount over my present weighted bar ends ending my concerns over bar buzz or replace the present bar ends.

Either or, for the price. $14.50 a pair w/free ship I just had to order.

If they work out really well I can take off the stock mirrors.

With the reduction in drag I can probably get a performance boost of 40 or 50 mph or about the same as adding chrome to something.

mn4nbl7sD7BBmXDQXTmy8-g.jpg

I'll let you know how it all works out in a week or so.

One project at a time :D

same ones i used....they are decent quality...they seemed fairly well made, they didnt come loose or anything...i was very happy with them....however, they are not very durable. i got off the bike at school once and my bookbag (pretty heavy bag) slid off my shoulder and banged into one and busted it off....but at that price, you cant complain too much...i replaced that one and never had another issue

I find it disgusting that people won't stop' date=' or at least slow down, for a funeral procession.[/quote']

Why would we? As long as the procession is able to travel without being slowed down or broken up, it should be fine.

You want all other traffic on the road to stop? Even traffic that is going the other way? What about on state routes or freeways?

I was headed down Route 23 the other day - painted median. A police car was driving the other way with lights/sirens on. Did I stop? no. There was no possible way for his path to conflict with mine, and he was the equivalent of 4 lanes over from me. Nothing I did or didn't do (as long as I didn't cross the median) was going to pose any danger to him or me. So I kept on truckin'. Had there been a road for him to turn across my path into then I would have slowed and stopped until it was clear he wasn't going to cross my path, but there wasn't.

Edited by Scruit

Why would we? As long as the procession is able to travel without being slowed down or broken up, it should be fine.

You want all other traffic on the road to stop? Even traffic that is going the other way? What about on state routes or freeways?

I got to a green light as one was coming through from my right just this past saturday. I stopped at the light and waited, the people who came up behind me were blasting their horns, and a few actually passed me at the intersection and got mixed into the precession traffic.... guess they had things to do and people to see :dunno:

Once the last vehicle with a flag came through, I had a green light again, and proceeded along my way.

I got to a green light as one was coming through from my right just this past saturday. I stopped at the light and waited, the people who came up behind me were blasting their horns, and a few actually passed me at the intersection and got mixed into the precession traffic.... guess they had things to do and people to see :dunno:

Once the last vehicle with a flag came through, I had a green light again, and proceeded along my way.

In your case yes, stop and let the procession past. I bet once those cars pulled out and wound up in the procession they suddenly went "Oh, shit!"

But if the procession is travelling in a direction where you slow them down or break them up then who cares of you slow down or stop? I'm not goingt o touch my collar either...

What about traffic in outer space? What about traffic in Atlantis? What about traffic in an ant farm?

Just trying to establish your rules when when people should stop, considering it irks you so.

It seems obvious to me that you need to get a newer motorcycle. :D Nah....on my C14 the mirrors are very car like, however they give somewhat of a good view of my shoulders. I got myself some blind spot mirrors and installed them just like on my car, boy did it make a nice difference. Hopefully the bar end mirrors you got will be a nice improvement, can't be worse right?

i normally have my left side mirror set up to see what's in the lane next to me, and then i turn the right side one in a bit so i can see directly behind me. i always head check anyway when changing lanes, so no big deal...

How are we suppose to know if the dead guy riding in the Caddy Wagon deserves respect? Im sorry, but I don't stop. I will wait at intersections for the final car and I wont pass a funeral going the same direction, but no way will I stop if going the opposite direction. ESPECIALLY IF IM ON MY BIKE.