New Gear Experience

Triumph

I recently pulled the trigger on some new riding gear for both myself and my girlfriend. $1,400 worth to be exact. I used Revzilla and had a great shipping experience but I'd have to say that the sizing experience left a ton to be desired. Here is a list of the order:

Dainese Frazer leather jacket.

Dainese textile pants

Icon reinforced and padded jeans

Alpinestars half boots

Scorpion ladies jacket and matching Savanah textile pants.

Double bubble screen

I took and excessive amount of time sizing by measuring and using the charts provided to "adapt" real sizing to the charts that supposedly adjust to the correct match for the manufacturer. However, almost all of it was wrong. I ordered the next size up in the jacket to ensure I had a bit of room to move and it was still too small. I did the same by ordering over their recommendation in the Dainese pants as well. They fit nicely in the waist, if not a bit large, but the length was about 2 inches too short. The Icon jeans were too tight in the waist and were quite a bit long in the length but fit so baggy that I would only be happy if I was a rap star. The only good fits were Caryns pants and jacket and those were also intentionally ordered a size to big. The boots, well, they rock.

I will give Revzilla credit for an easy return process that includes free shipping but I don't think their recommended sizing is even close, especially on the European stuff like Dainese. I got lucky on the first jacket as it was in stock but now have to wait on the new size to ship from Italy. I'm looking at 2-3 weeks after they get the original merch back. Ugh!

No clue what I'm going to do for pants at this point either. Ordering a bigger size will meet the length but the waist will be too large and the Icon jeans are out of the question. I like style but I'm not into the thug look the jeans had on me.

I'm open for suggestions. I'm 6-6'1 and 190 with long legs. I'm not even close to heavy but have an average build to weight ratio.

You are not far from the largest moto accessory store in the country, been to the Pony?

Trying to find 4 hours to travel, and two hours to shop (I'm 55 adult male with a life) is beyond a pain in the ass......however!!! 

the long term savings in finding things that FIT!!! is beyond worth it.  i.e. I never would have purchased this or that via website, but wth..it was there..in the same section...takes a minute to try it on and learn vs. staring at a website wondering

stuff not on the website (opened crap, discounted stuff, discontinued crap I really never needed..but..really..it was so inexpensive wtf) I had planned on going today, but got a heads up they're closed. 

Trying on things....sells.... the only I hate more than shopping is shipping something back!

I really liked Revzilla's sizing information but in combination with all of the comments left.  I got a pair of pants recently and while their sizing chart seemed to imply I should go a size up, most of the comments seemed like I should go 2 sizes up, so I did and the pants I got fit great. 

Sucks all that stuff didn't fit you though.  Hopefully you can leave that feedback in the comments/reviews and help someone else out :)

I actually called Iron Pony before ordering and several of the things I was wanting, they don't carry. I also asked about 2-piece leather suits and they don't carry those either, unless you order them. That kind of defeated the purpose of driving several hours there and back although it looks like I am going to have to do it anyway. Like another said, its exceedingly difficult for me to find the time to make the trip. I work 12+ hour days 4 days a week and another 2 "half days" that are typically 4-6 hours. Regardless, it sounds as though I am going to have to figure it out anyway. Lord knows that Competition Accessories is severely overpriced and their selection is horrible unless you're 70 and own a Goldwing.

I was hoping to make my life a bit easier but instead made it more difficult. Not the first time that's happened...lol