I Need Some Clips For My Gun

grapesmuggler27

I thought I had seen a gun similar to the one your asking about. Seems you posted this on facebook asking about it. imagine that....

that grease is cosmoline, that shit is like vasoline. you have several options. get some Hopps #9 and clean the dog snot outta it with the solvent which does good at breaking down cosmoline. Or you can tear down the gun to its exact parts, preheat your oven to 170 degrees and then cook the cosmoline out of the parts. When that stuff heats up it turns into a very thin liquid and it will just poor out onto the cooking sheet. I dont recommend this option as your wife/girlfriend will be PISSED because the smell is horrendous. Last and best option is to tear the gun down to all its parts and use dawn dish soap and a toothbrush and get to work cleaning all the parts after a good soak in really hot water. I used Hopps #9 on my Mosin Nagant and it did a great job.

Edited by Gunner75

Gardone was the Berretta manufacturing facility that made your gun.   From another website;

Italian Carcano
Gardone VT ==Town of Gardone in the Trompia Valley. Site of a Government assembly Plant.
P.Beretta was (is still) situated in Gardone; Their rifles are fully marked "P.Beretta Gardone VT".
Both plants made M91/28 TS ( Short rifles)...the "TS" Model is NOT a carbine, as it was used by Non-cavalry troops (Engineers, Naval Infantry, Artillery, etc)

Carcano strippers;
http://northridgeinc.com/store/index.cfm/c146/i1413 (5 for $29 in brass)
https://www.buymilsurp.com/loading-clip-6-round-for-65-735-carcano-rifles-qty-1-p-945.html ($15 each, blued steel)

Edited by vf1000ride

This makes my day!

- Arsenal proof and Inspectors' punchesDuring the quality control, operated by the Arsenal Inspectors, the more accurate barrels were marked with a special stamp formed by two crossed rifles under a target. This style of marking was maintained during the whole production of the '91 guns.

http://www.berettaweb.com/Militari/Beretta_1891.htm

That sounds similar to what the Tula arsenal did with the 91/30s that were manufactured. They would stamp a C and a crylic r next to the arsenal stamp. The stamps showed the guns were noted for higher than average accuracy. Most were used for sniper service. My 91/30 even had the barrel floated in the stock. Sadly the arsenal counterbored the barrel before they packed it away for 60 years You should check for the barrel floating with the dollar bill check.

yes I'm posting this from my GS3