Motoseries June 17th At Nelsons

blue03636

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to know.  For some reason I thought they did 30 minute sessions and just had a race group, and then everyone else.

Or maybe that just happened to be the informal policy that developed last time I was there on a Monday and there were no novices(?)

good to know.  For some reason I thought they did 30 minute sessions and just had a race group, and then everyone else.

Or maybe that just happened to be the informal policy that developed last time I was there on a Monday and there were no novices(?)

That may have been, I know some of these mondays are lucky if 15 people total show.

Would like to make this, but  I only have 1 more personal day at work till late July and I think I'll be using that for another day at Mid-O.  Might go to PIRC that weekend though.

Edited by RHill

Well...I might be out for this now.  I might be doing something at another track but it's not for certain at this point.

I think I was also able to kick the gremlin on the bike last night also.  I had the bike on a charger/tender for a couple days.  Put in new Iridium plugs just to be safe which also let me make sure coils were seated properly and recheck the QS connections.  Old plugs did not look very good...but they were Iridium so someone had some smarts to put them in.  I honest think they were the plugs from the old race motor that the previous owner blew up.  In any case I check the voltage on the battery before doing anything further...12+ volts.  Hit the switch and the starter button....nothing.  Check the voltage on the battery again...10+ volts.  Think I found the problem!  Pulled the battery and ran it down to the parts store to have them test it also just to confirm and their machine wouldn't even test it as it said it needed to be charged.  So I picked up a new AGM and threw it in.  She started right up and seemed to be running normally again.  Just to be sure I wasn't also having any charging issues I checked the voltage while the bike was running and over 3k RPM steady and got a solid high 14+ volts showing at the battery (didn't do a check at 5k RPM since it appeared to be within range).  So I don't think there's anything else amiss now.

I'll see how it runs in a couple weeks.