Man Tasered By Police For Trying To Safe Infant Son From Fire

Casper

What a crock, if the father wanted to risk his own life for his child then so be it. I can't understand why the police should be allowed to stop him when others that do this very thing are deemed heroic even if they die trying :nono:

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 2

Sickening. That would be an absolute real life nightmare. Trying to rush in to save your kid and cops holding you back... It makes me sick just thinking about how mad and desperate I would have been in that situation.

The thing that confuses me is that the grandparents got the one kid out then realized the other kid was in there? The kid is 8months old, how did you expect the baby to get out if you didn't help him. I just don't get how you realize after you get out of the house.

911 call was for fire so the fd was there. I'm guessing by the time they got there the structure was fully involved. If it was safe to enter and rescue we must assume fd would have. Dad couldn't accept that and the cops probably saved his life.

At least nobody can say he didn't try.

• Upvote 2

No answers, just questions:

How involved was the fire when they stopped him?  Was there any hope of saving the child?  

Why are people making assumptions that (after the police and fire department deemed it too dangerous for firefighters in safety gear and oxygen to go in ) it was  safe for the father to go in?

If the police let him go in and he died then would the police be vilified for that also?

In this situation, was there any combination of action that the police could have done to successfully tiptoe around the inevitable minefield of public criticism?  (damned if you do, damned if you don't).    

Is it possible that the police and firefighters used their judgement and experience to make a logical decision that was for the best?

Are people suggesting that the police caused the child's death?   Do people envisage a house with wisps of smoke coming out of it and the father being barred entry - or was the fire a raging inferno that would have killed the father the second he set foot inside?

no one would prohibit me from saving one of my kids. bar none.this story is all thats wrong with america.

You are assuming two things:

1) The child was still alive at the time the police stopped the father

2) That there was any hope at all of saving the child, even if still alive.

Could you accept that it's possible the police saved the father from a vain attempt to rescue an already-dead child that could only have lead to his own death?

In Communist America, fire start you.

Just one more thing that proves we are no longer free. 

RIP little one

You're doing the same thing.  You're assuming there was any hope of saving the child.  Is there any information that would help us understand if there was any chance at all of saving him?

Might the police have saved the father from himself, knowing there was 100% chance of him dying and 0% chance of him saving the boy?  Or do you assert that the police should always allow a rescue attempt even if it is doomed to lead to even more loss of life?    (I don't know if a rescue attempt would have been in vain, but you seem pretty sure that a rescue would have been possible.  What information are you basing that on?)

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 2

You're doing the same thing.  You're assuming there was any hope of saving the child.  Is there any information that would help us understand if there was any chance at all of saving him?

Might the police have saved the father from himself, knowing there was 100% chance of him dying and 0% chance of him saving the boy?  Or do you assert that the police should always allow a rescue attempt even if it is doomed to lead to even more loss of life?    (I don't know if a rescue attempt would have been in vain, but you seem pretty sure that a rescue would have been possible.  What information are you basing that on?)

I hate you right now for making sense.  

I WANT to believe that the father was just running in while the firefighters were donning their gear and finding out where to go.  I WANT to believe that the father knew exactly where to go and could have saved the child.  

There are just too many unknowns to make a call on this one.  I can bet that the father is destroyed right now, thinking that he could have done something, and was prevented from doing so.  This is a sad one any way you look at it.  I bet I would have tried to go in as well, if it was one of our kids in there.  I really don't want to think about it any more.

This is why its so difficult to assess a situation based on only what's in a news article. You have no idea what else was going on then and we should all know how biased the news is just to get ratings. Controversy sells.

You're being a fucktard, shut the fuck up.  

You make valid points.  You are right that we don't have enough info. But given my experience growing up in a LEO home, when i lack all the information I will assume the LEO is being a lazy fucktard on a power trip until the fact prove otherwise.  

You make valid points.  You are right that we don't have enough info. But given my experience growing up in a LEO home, when i lack all the information I will assume the LEO is being a lazy fucktard on a power trip until the fact prove otherwise.  

Fair enough.  I choose to reserve judgement until the facts are known.