School Me On A Wee Strom

oldschoolsdime92

My Strom hauls my fat ass around very well. They can be quite comfortable once you put a nice seat on them. For 2-up I find the bike a bit top heavy, as she is a big tall girl, But the wife and I have ridden 80 to 100 miles on occasion with only minimal complaints from the misses.

Edited by Scarlett Harlot

Paging 2talltim.......

he lives in troy, thats a bit of a drive to come sit on my bike...

but yea its comfy and easy to ride, 2 up no problem with my 110 lbs kid on the back dont even know shes there and i weigh 270ish. I know your asking about Wee and not the Vee but frame wise their is almost no difference. I would recomend the fork brace, different seat and a taller screen over all the stocker stuff.

Edited by 2talltim

Thanks Tim. I'm 5.7 and my fz1 is raised slightly in the rear, and I do alright with it. I'm 156lbs and my wifes about the same. Hows the stock suspension? 

basic with lots of travel in the front, a lot of people upgrade to a progessive spring for a better ride. both front and rear have preload adjustment only. it can take a speed bump like a champ but a bit bouncy for the S turns

Edited by 2talltim

I had the Vee. One of the best all around motorcycles I've ever had the pleasure of owning. I could drag peg on 555, and be comfortable while doing it. More than enough torque to whip you out of sharp corners and out of mud holes. Tim doesn't seem to like it, but most anyone else will tell you they're incredible machines. I was faster on it than I was my ZX10 in the twisties.

Cant really say I dislike it but im not in love with it. Just not thrilling for me to ride. id say on roads like 555 and the dragon I was equally fast as I was on my TL. Roads with sweepers and long turns I just didnt have the confidence in the lean angle at high speeds. Also I think im looking for more smoothness in the drivetrain and you wont get that in any v twin.

Cant really say I dislike it but im not in love with it. Just not thrilling for me to ride. id say on roads like 555 and the dragon I was equally fast as I was on my TL. Roads with sweepers and long turns I just didnt have the confidence in the lean angle at high speeds. Also I think im looking for more smoothness in the drivetrain and you wont get that in any v twin.

I will gladly take it off your hands!!!!  :excited:

Just watched a bunch of youtube on the C14 and I'm starting to get sold on it

C14 is a capable bike. My dad rides one and its no slouch. I've got a ninja 1000 and at a spirited pace he has no problems running with me. He also did a 9000 mile ride on it last year, quite comfortably. From the posts I've read from you, I think you'd really enjoy it.

As for Brandt, that's tough. I'm not sure I could give up the power/comfort of the fz1. You've got a great bike. I know the speed issue and all...stroms are ok in my experience, but nothing I've ever gotten very excited about.

Vstrom is a good bike at about everything but not a great bike at any one thing. Just a great bike over all:D

DL1000 and DL650 are the same frame except 1000 has a taller stock seat. Two up and all day comfort is good once you figure out the buffetting. Suspension is long travel so soaks up the big hits, but basic so brake dive is a little problem as is bouncing on rough corners. Pauly added Ricor intiminators to my forks which helps both issues in the front.

The motor is same as the SV650 tuned for slightly less peak power with a little more torque. Less power than your FZ1 but will still get to triple digits pretty quick.

I like that it is an any road bike. Exploring back roads are something the Strom does very well. Also there is a ton of rack and luggage options and other accessories.

Doubt I will ever get rid of mine.

Craig

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Edited by CBBaron

Swiss Army knife of motorcycles, HUGE following worldwide of them. Yes the aftermarket goodies available can break your wallet, and lots of mods can be done pretty reasonably for better all around performance. Gotta experiment with different bikes, doubt you would ever see me keep something as long as 10 years.