2013 Moto Series Round 3 At Pirc/beaver June 29-30th

jbot

I will post a youtube vid from the last time I went. You will be sore after a half hour if you arent used to them.

BTW I spoke with Todd and will be registering this afternoon... heres to hoping I dont wad my shit up.

• Upvote 1

I am officially more excited about the post-track day karting than the track day.  LET'S DO THIS!

the kart track is SICK. The karts run it the opposite direction than we did with OMRL this past weekend (maybe the rentals can't get up the hills?), but the layout is pretty sweet.

As for the new bathrooms by the kart track, they were not open Sunday.  I forgot to ride through the North Track paddock to take a look at the construction, but was told that they already have the trees cleared for teh South Track construction!  Their facebook page also mentioned doing drainage analysis for the South Track, so it looks like it mmight actually happen.

I am now officially registered for my first track day.

I know I am going to freight trained in the straights though :/

Here is the karting video...ignore the first few minutes of talking. Track was a but damp.

Edited by Jester_

the kart track is SICK. The karts run it the opposite direction than we did with OMRL this past weekend (maybe the rentals can't get up the hills?), but the layout is pretty sweet.

As for the new bathrooms by the kart track, they were not open Sunday.  I forgot to ride through the North Track paddock to take a look at the construction, but was told that they already have the trees cleared for teh South Track construction!  Their facebook page also mentioned doing drainage analysis for the South Track, so it looks like it mmight actually happen.

The rental karts are pretty quick. Way faster than any "amusement park" type of go carts I've been on. Shouldn't have any problem with the hills.

Good news about the track. I knew it was just a rumor but seeing how much money thenew owners have put into the rest of the place I thought it was a safe bet they might actually complete the extension. Next they need to buy Bluegrass...

Edited by TRMN8TR

If you get enough people for the Karts they do a small program for you. Everyone gets a 10 minute practice, then a 10 minute qualifying session. Then they put 2 riders on each team and then you have a half hour "enduro" race with one kart per team. Each driver needs to drive two times during the race.

Oh man , that sounds way too organized for the all out chaos we will reign down on any poor souls who happen to be at that track.

Although picking up lap times/qualifying sounds pretty cool.

If you get enough people for the Karts they do a small program for you. Everyone gets a 10 minute practice, then a 10 minute qualifying session. Then they put 2 riders on each team and then you have a half hour "enduro" race with one kart per team. Each driver needs to drive two times during the race.

We did this with my work group, it was a lot of fun. Not as complicated as it sounds. The only downfall is that some of the karts were obviously faster than the others, but I hear they got new rental karts since we did it and they are a lot more evenly matched.

Track or race day, anytime 9-5, but I'd say arrive at least an hour before lunch at noon; watch some sessions, grab some grub and relax with some friendly ppl; then watch some more sessions after lunch.....then go home, get on your computer, and schedule your first track day.

Just for reference, here is a normal track day schedule followed by a race day schedule.

6:00  Gates Open Most Tracks, 7:00 Putnam Park

7:00  Optional Track Walk, assemble at Registration

7:30  Registration Opens

8:00  Tech Inspection Opens

8:30  Mandatory Riders Meeting

9:00  Track Day/Schools Begin, Each group rotating every 20 minutes

First -Advance Group

Second -Intermediate Group and Race School

Third -Novice Group

12:00  Sessions End, Lunch Break Begins

1:00  Lunch Break Ends, Track Day/Schools Begin, Each group rotating every 20 minutes

First -Advance

Second -Intermediate and Race School

Third -Novice

4:00 Mock Race - Rehearsals for Racing Starting Grids

4:10 Combined Intermediate and Advance Groups

4:40 Novice Group

5:00 Track Day/Schools end

5:15 Graduation Ceremonies

9:00 Gates Locked (access times vary for each track)

Typical Race Day Schedule for Nelson Ledges:

6:00                 Gates Open at Nelson Ledges

7:30                 Registration and Tech Opens

8:45                 Riders Meeting, assemble at Tech area

9:00                 Registration and Tech Closes,

Practice - Open to all groups first hour

10:10                           Heavy Expert and Novice

10:25                           Expert Only

10:35                           Light Expert and Novice

10:50               Practice Ends, First Call for racing

10:55               Third Call Racing, 5 Minute Board Displayed

11:00               Race 1      750 GT, Vintage MW Super Bike 1

11:20               Race 2      Twin Super Bike 1, Vintage Sport

11:40               Race 3      1000 and 600 Super Bike 1, Vintage HW Super Bike 1

12:00               Lunch

1:00                 Race 4      1000 and 600 Super Bike 2, Vintage HW Super Bike 2

1:20                 Race 5      250 Super Bike 1, Vintage Classic

1:40                 Race 6      Twin Super Bike 2

2:00                 Race 7      1000 GT, Vintage MW Super Bike 2

2:20                 Race 8      250 Super Bike 2, Vintage Light, Vintage Ultra Light

2:40                 Endurance Practice if time permits

3:00                 3 Hour Endurance at Nelson Ledges, Mini 20, Mini Iron Butt

6:00                 Racing Ends

6:10                 Trophy Presentations

9:00                 Gates Closed (access times may vary)

Edited by RHill
  • Upvote 1