2013 Moto Series Round 3 At Pirc/beaver June 29-30th

jbot

Forecast really does suck. I only live 20 minutes from the track but hoping I didnt waste $165.

I would rather spend the extra $25 in a late fee than lose the $205 come a shitty Satruday. Regardless I am coming out for Saturday to give Desmo his frame.

Guess now is the good time for a self plug!

Michelin Rain Tires for Sale:

Cost $400+ new....asking $300 and only used or 10min at PIRC last year. Front still has the rubber nubs on it and rear has the mold spare rubber bits.

Edited by SJC1000rr

you girls need to change your attitued....in fact, I just cracked open a fortune cookie while reading this thread and it said "pick another fortune cookie" so I'm assuming it is refering to glum predictions in this thread.

rain or shine I'll be there friday-sunday.  Signed up for the TD, but not yet racing. 

Guess now is the good time for a self plug!

Michelin Rain Tires for Sale:

Cost $400+ new....asking $300 and only used or 10min at PIRC last year. Front still has the rubber nubs on it and rear has the mold spare rubber bits.

What's the date code on those? Send me a PM if you would.

Maybe I'll buy these for this weekend and then surely it won't rain. You can all thank me later.

Edited by TRMN8TR
  • Upvote 1

What's the date code on those? Send me a PM if you would.

Maybe I'll buy these for this weekend and then surely it won't rain. You can all thank me later.

Will do when I get home and let you know. Kept them inside since I took them to Nelson for the last round on sale. They are the same one's I had on the bike for PIRC last year when we went out for the wet practice on Saturday. Its the knobby style front which we preferred.

Edited by SJC1000rr

Anyone know how 209 gpa's work in the wet? They are pretty much my only option other than throwing my beat rains on. I have q2's, but they are down to the bars so idk how well they will clear water.

A little liquid sunshine never hurt anyone.   I'll bring my rains so it won't rain. As of right now 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday 30% chance of showers on Sunday and we have two more days to go.  Weather usually blows through quick at Beaver and the weather man usually never gets it right.....at least I hope this time he doesn't.    

A little liquid sunshine never hurt anyone.   I'll bring my rains so it won't rain. As of right now 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday 30% chance of showers on Sunday and we have two more days to go.  Weather usually blows through quick at Beaver and the weather man usually never gets it right.....at least I hope this time he doesn't.    

That about sums it up.

Just talked to Todd (as I was having some issues with my login to register) and I am signed up for race school on Saturday regardless of weather. Sunday's race(s) are a game-time decision based on weather, funds, how much ghey sex I get Saturday night.

Maybe if it rains real hard we could all get off our bikes and parade around Marty's photo area performing synchronized umbrella twirling so he something to photograph  You don't want to piss him off the last time he threatened to kick me in the sack he didn't.........he tried to fondle it,  no...... wait, sorry that was John that did that my bad.  John does have soft hands.  

So there is some interest on MotoSeries and AFJ in karting on Saturday after the trackday.  I figure the more people we have the more organized this needs to be so it doesnt become a cluster. 

I was thinking starting time of 6.  It is enough time that anyone needing to leave will be able to pack up, hit the karts and still be on the road at a reasonable time.

Number of karts, number of drivers, and duration is an unknown. 

It was reccomended to make an announcement at the riders meeting to get some more people interested.  If we announce it; there should also be some sort of sign up sheet so we have a clue of how many people there will be. 

Additional input is welcome.