2013 Moto Series Round 3 At Pirc/beaver June 29-30th

jbot

I am bringing my son out this weekend, too. We are leaving in the AM tomorrow at zero dark thirty. He's excited to camp and watch whatever bikes make it out. Kinda glad to have him there. And for the gheys in the crew don't worry. He knows what happens at the track, stays at the track. Just don't go all Catholic priest out there.

I am bringing my son out this weekend, too. We are leaving in the AM tomorrow at zero dark thirty. He's excited to camp and watch whatever bikes make it out. Kinda glad to have him there. And for the gheys in the crew don't worry. He knows what happens at the track, stays at the track. Just don't go all Catholic priest out there.

There better not be any catholic priest action unless someone stole my dressup attire out of my rig at Nelson.  If so, I want it back, CLEAN, no splurge marks.

Looks like a good weekend, everyone be safe and enjoy!  I miss you all, full homo.

There better not be any catholic priest action unless someone stole my dressup attire out of my rig at Nelson.  If so, I want it back, CLEAN, no splurge marks.

Looks like a good weekend, everyone be safe and enjoy!  I miss you all, full homo.

Along with your catholic priest outfit, you wouldn't happen to have a spare set of gixxer rims you aren't using that would make their way to beaver this wekeend? :D

When are you putting the bikes up for sale to buy a go kart?

the bikes are something i love, like my wife... go karts are just something i want to fuck furiously for a night every once in a while, like all those dead gir...

...i mean, alive and well, and not buried in a steel mill girls.

Turn 1 just after turn in the front washed out.  Watched the video comparing it to other laps and it seemed like I didn't pick up the throttle as much...might have thought I was a little hot because I just passed someone on the brakes, but there was no reason I shouldn't have been able to make the turn.  Damage is a case cover that was already pretty beat up.  Could have been pretty bad though, I'll have to post the video tomorrow, I don't have time to screw with it tonight.

Today went fine for me, went out for 2 laps to find my JB weld "fix" didn't hold; from then on I was happy to be pit bitch.  I'll let everyone else share their own stories if they want.

All in all, this weekend I learned....karts are fucking fun in the wet.

Karts were the best part of the weekend.  After some thought instead of rebuilding my tranny I might just go ahead and swap out motors (thanks to Ryan for the latest addition to my arsenal)  Moto series events =3.... number of engines I will have had in my bike this season =3.  At this point I think a bad heroin addiction would be the cheaper alternative.   

I won the scooter race but that's about all the racing I did. Karts were fun, 10 orders of bacon was fun, my bike stalling out and not running all weekend was not so great. More to come later.

I was glad to get school out of the way. Working with Andrew was awesome, and I learned some good things about what I am doing wrong, and then set about fixing some of them. More track time is necessary for sure. Thanks to Brandon and Jinu for helping Zach when he needed it with the canopy, and to my Zach for hanging out all day! I think he wants to become a fixture at the track, so I need to coach him up more.Thanks to Brandon for shooing this shot of us:

gallery_9810_96_41842.jpg

Looking forward to the Nelson round after a much needed vacation coming up at the end of next week!

Had a blast drifting the karts all around the track Saturday nights.  Learned that I'm still out of shape after using the MTB all weekend.  Drove through a hurricane on the way home yesterday.  Just got unpacked and now time to start working on pictures.

Jinu, drop me a line when you can.

Edited by Photos by Marty

After talking to a few people it sounds like it was a good thing we got back from vacation late and I couldn't make this event. 

You're just jealous that you didn't get to shack up with Brandon, Jinu, Matt and myself in the Chateaux de Canvas on Friday night!

novice group, session 1: not sure if anyone on here is in this vid

intermediate group session 1: followed someone and gave them a tow. dunno who it is

go-kart sessions (2nd one is still processing as of 11:35):

scooter racing: zuma 125 strikes again

(vid not finished uploading. youtube is struggling to cope with the staggering amount of awesome of its contents)

Nice vids Jinu! I wish I knew that was you in the kink, I wouldn't have let up before if I was sure you wouldn't come in on me....have to say that angle is pretty damn cool.

I'm going to have to trim the action shots out of my karting video and post it up tonight.

Loved the Beave as this was my first trip there.  Next time I will only go if I have a someone to ride share with.  Wish Saturday was dry all day to get a bit more practice in.  Sunday was fun except for riding in the first 600 race on a fully wet track on DOTs.  I refuse to buy rains but I figured I would help dry out the track.  I did get into the 1:01s a few times during the first race.

Turn 5 I think from the 750GT

PBM_0004.jpg

Turn 10 from 600 race 2

PBM_0037.jpg