Anyone Do Flooring/carpet Or Have Anyone To Recommend?

madcat6183

We are pretty much giving up on selling the house and figure we want to get new carpet and replace the laminate flooring with something new and wanted to see if anyone on OR does this for a living or knows someone to recommend.

Basically 3 bedrooms, landing, stairs need new carpet, and the foyer, kitchen, and 2.5 baths need new "other" flooring.  We want to go with the vinyl stuff that isn't a laminate but a thicker almost rubber that is used in hospitals, and places that see a lot of wear and tear. 

We had a quote of something like $3,100 from a guy who was going to do all of the above with really nice carpet and the flooring in the other rooms as well.  Figured I would see if anyone around Columbus either does flooring, knows someone who does, or has any recommendations.

Also bedroom suite shopping, so if anyone works at a place or has family that does, we'd like to check those places and see if we can give business to someone we know.

I just updated my basement with vinyl plank flooring and new carpeting.  I used Canal Service Corp.  My gf is a property manager for an apartment complex and they do all the carpeting in the apts.  They did great work.  Not sure if I got a great deal, I spent about 2k total...1100 for the planks and 900 for the carpet.  My carpet was pretty expensive/quality stuff.  It was recommended that i dont go with that cause it was overkill but it was 900 vs 600 so i went with the softest stuff they had.

Contact Matt Thatcher @ mthatcher@canalservicecorp.com for an estimate.

Edited by Zorro
  • Upvote 1

Thanks boss, that was exactly what I wanted, some good or bad references.  We looked at one house when we had first put ours up, brand new carpet, but it was rolling and not stretched right.  Do not want to have to get a job done twice, F that.

I will shoot him an Email. 

Just remember its better to go with an Expensive Pad and cheaper carpet,  than vise versa. the pad will hold up a lot better than cheap pad and it makes even below average carpet really nice.