Fish Tanks Anyone??

tall_tracy

• 2 weeks later...

My sister-in-law's boyfriend (okay, I'll just say "my friend, Brian") has a 150 gallon salt-water tank, and has bought and sold a BUNCH of others.

I usually get roped into helping him move the huge tanks.  The curse of owning a trailer...

In theory, I would like a 50 gallon tank, but in reality, I don't know where I would put it, and I wouldn't want to keep up with all the cleaning...

My sister-in-law's boyfriend (okay, I'll just say "my friend, Brian") has a 150 gallon salt-water tank, and has bought and sold a BUNCH of others.

I usually get roped into helping him move the huge tanks.  The curse of owning a trailer...

In theory, I would like a 50 gallon tank, but in reality, I don't know where I would put it, and I wouldn't want to keep up with all the cleaning...

Are you talking about cleaning a salt water setup?

Freshwater cleaning takes less than 5 minutes once a week (for my setup at least).  How much maintenance depends on what you want in your tank.

Are you talking about cleaning a salt water setup?

Freshwater cleaning takes less than 5 minutes once a week (for my setup at least).  How much maintenance depends on what you want in your tank.

I was talking fresh water.

I had a fresh tank as a kid (10 gallon), and the algea got pretty out of control.  I think it was in a bad place (too much light), and that contributed greatly.

I wouldn't mind getting another medium-sized tank (40-75 gallons), but my wife is against it.  views it as an unnecessary expense, another chore, and one more thing for the dogs to knock over.

Edited by redkow97

I was talking fresh water.

I had a fresh tank as a kid (10 gallon), and the algea got pretty out of control. I think it was in a bad place (too much light), and that contributed greatly.

I wouldn't mind getting another medium-sized tank (40-75 gallons), but my wife is against it. views it as an unnecessary expense, another chore, and one more thing for the dogs to knock over.

I don't spend that much time on up keep. And actually a larger tank, 40 or bigger, is easier to take care of tan a smaller one. Water parameters change less and more slowly in a big tank than a small one.

I would really like a larger tank, but I think I'm going to be moving soon and I have zero desire to move a tank that big :( 

How much are you asking for the 50g?

I'm just looking to get rid of the tanks, if anyone is interested let me know and you can come pick up whatever you want. I've got one 50 left that isn't spoken for and everything else is smaller.

Let me know if you're interested. :)

Just got back from picking up two 90g and one 50g. She's got plenty more 50g and smaller, plus lights and HOB filters. Get them so they can go to a good home!

Thanks Tracy! It was great to meet you !

You're welcome!! It was nice to meet you & your wife too. You'll have to send me pics once you get them set up.

You're welcome!! It was nice to meet you & your wife too. You'll have to send me pics once you get them set up.

absolutely! I need to either build or buy a stand and of course get the loss and lights so it might take me a little while.

We both really enjoyed meeting you too!