Need Data Recovery Tool - Free Download?

JohnG

Got a little too buzzed last night and somehow managed to delete the folder on my Droid that had my camera pics on it.  Fortunately, I think, I had the camera storing the pics on my SD card.  Pulled the card and set it aside.  Now I'm needing a good, reliable data recovery tool off the web to try to get the pics back (about 200 of them).  Any suggestions?

I forget which one we use at work. Something that came with somebody's camera or something.

Most of them work pretty good. The shareware stuff sometimes won't finish up unless you pay up.

This one is pretty respectable for a freebie:

http://www.undelete360.com/

edit: I use a strange French software that is way too complicated, but will recover total disasters.

I mean delete it, partition it, format it, and install an operating system, and it will still find your old files.

Edited by ReconRat

I forget which one we use at work. Something that came with somebody's camera or something.

Most of them work pretty good. The shareware stuff sometimes won't finish up unless you pay up.

This one is pretty respectable for a freebie:

http://www.undelete360.com/

edit: I use a strange French software that is way too complicated, but will recover total disasters.

I mean delete it, partition it, format it, and install an operating system, and it will still find your old files.

I think I'll give the undelete360 a try...  Will let you know how it goes.

God, I hate dumb-ass attacks when they're my own...

recuva is a good one too. IF it works ok as a shareware. They do want money eventually. Some recovery software throws a big watermark name on the recovered pics and then asks for money to remove it.

Don't try to run any recovery program from your camera or phone. Install it on a computer, and read the SD card or whatever card from there. Preferably with a plug in USB card reader or similar.

So, tried the undelete360... Worked pretty good! Got most of my pics back, but not all. And a few of what I got back were garbled or had bits of other pictures mixed in. There's apparently quite of bit of options that you can get if you purchase the software, but the freeware version worked well enough for me.

Got back about a thousand pics when I ran the program. Most of them were ones that I had deleted on purpose a long time ago. Got back some video clips, too.

Thanks!