More Targets For Sale On Woot

Casper

The plates on Woot aren't bad for backyard plinker targets but I ended up getting this monster from Widners;

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8800&dir=1020|1022

I have hit it with all kinds of big stuff and it doesn't leave any marks on it.  5.56 steel tip leaves a very slight dimple were the core impacts but it would take thousands of hits from that stuff before it would do any real damage.  Here's a pic after the last range session.  It's been hit with M2 ball, 7.62x39, 5.56 steel tip and .303brit. 

IMAG0264.jpg

Guys, if you need serious steel plates for shooting, You have one of the better plate companies here in ohio that caters to shooting. Check out BigDogSteel  http://www.bigdogsteel.com/

All his stuff is AR500 and in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" thickness's accommodating up to the most difficult calibers to stop. 

Edited by flounder

If anyone wants something for a target; you buy the steel and I'll cut the shape and weld on a chain or make a stand - free of charge.

I can also get the steel locally if you don't wanna buy it yourself.

• Upvote 3

If anyone wants something for a target; you buy the steel and I'll cut the shape and weld on a chain or make a stand - free of charge.

I can also get the steel locally if you don't wanna buy it yourself.

How are you cutting it? Plasma or waterjet?  AR400-500 should be cut with waterjet ideally or else you can cause embrittlement on the edges where its been cut with plasma. Granted its going to get shot at but just passing along the information.

Plasma.

All cutting that uses heat is gonna cause some issues with the hardness near the cut -  as does welding. I'm  quite aware of it. Thanks.

Only commented because AR400-500 isnt cheap and even though you are blasting it with a firearm, I have see some people get all butthurt because the edge of their target chipped a bit and they wanted to blame the cutter. These are also the people that get all upset when their safequeen firearm gets a scratch in it. Now I can understand some things have sentimental value like antiques or firearms that have been passed down but my philosophy is that for anything I buy, I use it the way it was designed. My comp rifle looks like pounded dogshit and I cant even count the number of times its been dropped, kicked over, smashed into an obstacle while running/maneuvering a course, submersed in water/storms, or god only knows what else. 

Edited by flounder