I Want The Quietest Helmet I Can Find(yes Another Helmet Thread)

2talltim

Tried the Quest in at I.P. yesterday and I just don't know now. The large squashed my head to the point that after having it on for a couple min I started to get a headache. And the XL seemed a little too roomy. So if I got the XL I'd have to see about larger cheek pads.

it's supposed to hurt the first time....  :spank: couldn't find the buttsecks one...

my bell hurt my forehead for a bit. but it's nice now. 

as for quietness, you know to avoid bell. that's my only experience other than scorpion, which was too long ago to accurately recall. my vote is read up on webbikeworld.

The quest doesn't fit my head shape... If I was you, I'd ask one of the IP people to measure your head and see what type of head you have. I ended up going with the RS1 but as it has broke in, I'm finding its a little too big. IP didn't have much for my head type... Only 1 of the arari's fit but I can't remember which one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I found me a lid. Its not the quietest but it will be better than the exo400. I decided I wanted a modular and there was a short list. But in the end the only 3 that fit me were the Shoei Neotech..but price was way too high...Shoei Mutitech but it didn't have the top gun sun visor and I didn't like where the strap hit me.. and the Nolan N90..it fit perfect, love the ratchet chin strap, has the contoured visor for a better seal, top gun style sun visor, blue tooth speaker pocket and it actually was the cheapest option coming in at just under $200

post-13234-0-06194200-1373120770_thumb.j

Well I found me a lid. Its not the quietest but it will be better than the exo400. I decided I wanted a modular and there was a short list. But in the end the only 3 that fit me were the Shoei Neotech..but price was way too high...Shoei Mutitech but it didn't have the top gun sun visor and I didn't like where the strap hit me.. and the Nolan N90..it fit perfect, love the ratchet chin strap, has the contoured visor for a better seal, top gun style sun visor, blue tooth speaker pocket and it actually was the cheapest option coming in at just under $200

attachicon.gif32918_15.jpg

I was looking into a Nolan at Iron Pony before I ended up ordering an RS-1... Nolan didn't fit me at all, but the RS-1 felt like the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. I tried an Arai as well, and it felt very similar to the RS-1, but Arai's out of my price range for now.

I've had several Arai and Shoei helmets but the my current Bell RS1 is the most quiet helmet I've owned.  Motorcyclecloseouts.com has them for around $240.  Helmet is Snell rated and runs true to size.  Also shield can be changed in less than 10 seconds.  Good helmet at a reasonable price.

Good to hear this. I just ordered an RS1 in Hi-Vis yellow after retiring my Arai at the track the other day. Getting it from Nathan at Riders Discount for a good price. I've always ridden with Arai's in the past but really don't like spending the $$$, probably for their high level sponsorship programs.