Zimmerman Trial

Scruit

Al Sharpton was just on Meet the Press spouting off how Zimmerman should be charged with a civil rights violation.

Sharpton is a complete imbecile and a detriment to not only the black race, but the human race.

• Upvote 2

The NAACP among others are promoting civil action against Z. Although exactly what they hope to gain beyond actual press exposure is not really clear.

The same tactic was used against OJ but he had cash. Z does not. So even if they win a civil action against him there will be nothing to "collect".

The verdict coming out on a Saturday night was a little unexpected and falls out of the regular news cycle

Riots so far haven't happened. Something to do with the police being ready I suspect. Unlike other "Race Riots" where they were caught off guard.

Although I'm sure this isn't over it is at least the end of 17 months of disinformation and misinformation and talking heads talking about what the other talking heads are talking about.

• Upvote 2

So it seems this isn't over yet. On Sunday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) asked for the Justice Department to prosecute George Zimmerman, who was acquitted Saturday night in the killing of Trayvon Martin. “I think the Justice Department is going to take a look at this,” Reid told NBC’s Meet the Press. “This isn’t over with and I think that’s good. That’s our system, it’s gotten better, not worse.”

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/politics/obama-zimmerman/index.html

President decides to weigh in.  What I can't help but wonder is how this would have turned out if Z hadn't shot M.  My guess is M would be getting convicted today of assault and battery.  I don't think that's the type of behavior that should be honored.

Agreed. Both Z and M made poor decisions that led to a tragedy. I wish everyone would let it go as it stands today, but that won't happen.

That's the hard part about this case: everyone involved made wrong decision after wrong decision.  Z should never have gotten out of his car, Z should never have followed, M should have called the police instead of his GF, M shouldn't have confronted Z.  People get hung up on these poor decisions, but none of them are illegal and the jury's job isn't to decide who should have prevented this, but who committed a crime and they decided the evidence showed M assaulted Z.

I can't blame Z for being concerned, I can't blame M for being threatened.  If I had some stranger following me around in a neighborhood at night, I would be scared as shit.

• Upvote 3

I really don't have an opinion. I wasn't there. But I'm going to laugh at the media for showing ten year old pictures of little Trayvon.

This is what he looked like that night, at the 7-11.

trayvon-martin-surveillance-7-eleven.jpg

http://moonbattery.com/?p=11890

Disregard the website where I pulled the pic from. The pic is everywhere. Except where it should have been.

You have to remember a lot of these athletes are not much more than a thug who got a lucky break, so it's really not that shocking. These people blame it on race and wonder why racism is still such an issue today, it's because people love being able to fall back on that for anything just like this trial and many others have shown. It's unfortunate that kids out there look up to these athletes as role models and they make it out to be a race issue as well.

You have to remember a lot of these athletes are not much more than a thug who got a lucky break, so it's really not that shocking. These people blame it on race and wonder why racism is still such an issue today, it's because people love being able to fall back on that for anything just like this trial and many others have shown. It's unfortunate that kids out there look up to these athletes as role models and they make it out to be a race issue as well.

Not shocked or surprised, just speechless.

And on the pictures, it shouldn't make a difference either way what he looked like, but the kid pictures, the intentional editing of phone calls, etc were just ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

And on the pictures, it shouldn't make a difference either way what he looked like, but the kid pictures, the intentional editing of phone calls, etc were just ridiculous.

Of course. Certainly doesn't bother me. I dress like that sometimes. Ok, maybe often.