Mid-ohio 7/15-16

RHill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carr is Matt Carr of Indy Ducati, he and Desmo-Brian always battle it out in the Vintage days.  He's super quick like Grey, as to who BlueIlovecock was referring to earlier 220.  Those 3 are wicked fast and it's a blast to see them out there together.  All 3 are also extremely nice and will help anyone who wants it.  Carr helped set sag on Trm8ttr at Jennings this winter/spring, and was crazy fast downt here like usual.

And Grey likes to havea good time out there, as seen in those pics.  Also is the local Michelin distributor from STT if that matters. :)

that's david grey he's sick fast  been riding with him plenty of times its just his thing.. ive never seen him be dangerous  hell he did a two up ride with Theresa not long ago for funzies anddid the same shit its amazing
 Monday was a great day David was giving the finger all day as he went by at lightspeed..

Edited by TwiztedRabbit

serpent - trying to send you a PM re photos, but your mailbox must be full not accepting any messages. PM me your email if you were taking photos on the 16th. interested in snagging some shots from you.

I know I have a few of you desmo.  looked like you were not taking it serious in turn 1.

Depends on what time.  I pulled some 34s through the day and a few 36s on the ZX10 I was trying to dial in for a buddy.  Not terrible times, but I think between me and Carr, we had the fastest.  Grey was doing 34s also...  Kraft was doing very slow times and almost checked up and took Carr out in the carousel!

Let's see the pics.  The ones you've posted are really, really good!!

Dave is fucking awesome.  He's an awesome rider and probably one of the most generous guys in the paddock.  He had some tank grip in his hands and I simply asked how much for a sheet and it handed it over and gave me what he had.  Guy is awesome.  He also loaned me a battery at Putnam earlier in the year.

He turned I think 33s on Tuesday...

Depends on what time.  I pulled some 34s through the day and a few 36s on the ZX10 I was trying to dial in for a buddy.  Not terrible times, but I think between me and Carr, we had the fastest.  Grey was doing 34s also...  Kraft was doing very slow times and almost checked up and took Carr out in the carousel!

Let's see the pics.  The ones you've posted are really, really good!!

pretty sure this is you?  all the ones I have of you are kind of out of focus.  the camera was set on auto focus.  I don't know how to properly work a DSLR.  it was just a canon rebel xti witha 300mm lens. I'm not sure why more photographers don't sit in turn 1.  it's a great place in my opinion.

9320742767_a9bf20c5d1_h.jpg

Edited by serpentracer

not sure if ped(my brother) is on this forum but you know him brian from assfaultjunkies and localriders I think.  he's pretty talented to get around a track at the pace he does on a FZ6.  if he had the right bike he'd do well I think.  we put a ohlins rear shock and some racetech valving in the forks and he said it made the bike handle a lot better.  still no sportbike but at least he can get on the power a lot sooner on exits.

he passes guys in this corner all the time.

9320825195_0d2a9acdb9_h.jpg

Edited by serpentracer

pretty sure this is you?  all the ones I have of you are kind of out of focus.  the camera was set on auto focus.  I don't know how to properly work a DSLR.  it was just a canon rebel xti witha 300mm lens. I'm not sure why more photographers don't sit in turn 1.  it's a great place in my opinion.

9320742767_a9bf20c5d1_h.jpg

Yup, that's me.  I'd say for never doing photography, you're doing a damn fine job!  I appreciate the post.

Yes, I know who your brother is.  Hopefully, he doesn't think I'm too big an asshole anymore...  :D

He looks great on that FZ.  That's a really cool bike in my opinion.  He looks to be gettin er done!

What's this silliness I heard about Advanced being too full and they were allowed to run in Novice? Is that accurate, or are my relatives even more insane than I predicted?

come to think of it I did see some white number plates mixed in with the novice.  i didn't know wtf was going on.

What's this silliness I heard about Advanced being too full and they were allowed to run in Novice? Is that accurate, or are my relatives even more insane than I predicted?

I don't recall that, but there were a couple guys that passed me pretty damn close on each side of me at the same time on the front straight, an instructor looked like he went after them for it.

it was an extremely full day... there was a lot of Int guys that wanted in the signed up in novice just to get the day in.. and a lot of the int guys did the same  by signing up in advanced...

I noticed a lot of white plates but most of them were just recreation race bikes  nothing wrong with that hell that's what mine is.. I don't ever claim to be a racer but my damn bike looks like it.. lol

unfortunantly in the afternoon once people are "turned loose" then things lke that can happen.. you get the people in novice for their first ever track day then some novice riders have been riding novice for years..(I help some of those at putnam) though they try to manage it as much as possible not everyone always plays well by the rules.. and so on

I was curious because I had a family member out there in novice and she said she got buzzed pretty hard a few times and she wasn't really expecting that. You know...being in novice and all.

I was running novice too (first day), what bike was she on?

Here's the "buzzing" I got. Caught up to a slow rider, wanted to pass, but didn't think I had room and backed off (think he had a supersport 600 so it accelerated quicker than mine when he decided to), then 2 passed me on each side, then instructor went after them

starting at 6:20

Edited by 8Rider6

the bike on the left wouldn't be considered a close pass in the least if you pause the vid he is a good distance out.. the dude/chick/I dunno on the inside the cuts in between you and the rider you were hoping to pass well that would be more of an intermediate pass.. I understand how you would consider it close as being a nove your not use to passes like that yet.. and it is deff the fault of the rider passing you to make sure all of the passes are safe and within the set rules of the org running it  but unfortunantly as stated before not everyone follows the rules and what one person thinks is a safe and  far away pass may not seem that way to the one being passed.. all I can say is.. hope the CR/instructor caught up and said just a few words addressing the fact that next time just give more room. (the closing speeds of slower to faster riders are so different  in all the classes) just ride your ride you payed for the day don't worry about the dude behind you and enjoy your time. try not to spook and get caught off line because of it.. all I can say is more time  on track will help that.

most of the time guys don't mean to do it so close.  they just run out of time/space to do it better.  passing on the inside is always more sketchy.  you never know if the guy on the outside is going to tip in fast or not.  that's why its important to do it as quickly as possible.  but passing is part of being on the track.  something you need to learn to handle.

Edited by serpentracer

The problem is That the rider that made the pass might not be fast enough or more importantly consistent enough to be in any other group besides novice this is where coaches and controllers come and play they are there to manage and assist riders such as the one being passed and the one doing the passing but I digress there are so many of you and so few of us we can't control everything at all point in time we just do our best and hope everyone has a great safe day

I could have sorn the last track day I did they said the nov group can only pass on the straights.  and slower riders should stay off the racing line in the straights to allow faster riders to pass.

I got stuffed up the inside on my entrance to corners plenty of times. lol   the first time startled me the rest I kind of had fun with it and tried to hang with them to learn a little.  in the end my balls were grapes to their mellons lol