Nice Day It Was

ReconRat

Back already. Left at dawn. Breakfast at Pioneer in Utica. 161-62-Danville-back 62-658-16-Brownville Road (Flint Ridge)-40-Hebron-79-70-37-Lancaster-33 home. Easy lazy ride.

A dozen or more buggies out. It's Saturday. A couple of horses. A OSHP on 62. And a darn train stopped where it triggered the crossing gates and nobody wanted to move. Big rigs can't. Won't fit, and not allowed. I weaseled around them all and crossed anyway. 10 minutes was long enough to wait. Engine was getting hot waiting.

All in all a really nice day. By the time it got a bit hot, I was hitting it for home. Even the bugs were on the light side. Not many at all.

That's one tank of gas. About 190 miles.

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

btw, I sat down at the restaurant counter opposite a guy that rode in on a bike. Who decided to stare at me deadpan without blinking. Dude, that's frakin' psycotic. Don't frakin' do that. More fun, was just before I left, a tall thin cute young lady came in, flashed me a smile, and took a seat in the far back. And... ordered coffee for herself and her invisible friend, and had a great time. Yup, time to go.

btw, I sat down at the restaurant counter opposite a guy that rode in on a bike. Who decided to stare at me deadpan without blinking. Dude, that's frakin' psycotic. Don't frakin' do that. More fun, was just before I left, a tall thin cute young lady came in, flashed me a smile, and took a seat in the far back. And... ordered coffee for herself and her invisible friend, and had a great time. Yup, time to go.

That's Utica for you!