Garage Sales

rawlins87

Mostly the garage sales in my area are childrens clothing and toys. If I am out and about and I see a garage sale, I will usually stop in, never knowing what you will find. I collect Kodak Brownie camera's and normally can find those for $1 - $10.

The best deal I found awhile ago was an automotive low profile "creeper" for $5. It is the kind shaped like a dog bone. I know this style was expensive when they were new.

Last week, at a garage sale, a guy was selling a 1976 Honda Hobit moped for $300 but no title. It would make a decent pit bike for getting around Mid-Ohio camp ground, but the no title thing did not make it a good deal. I told him if he got the title I would offer $200.

Estate sales and auctions seem to have a little of all types of house hold items, so depending on what you are looking for, those might be time well spent.

I use to average 2-3k a month during yard sale season. It's people's junk they don't want, they'll take anything for it. I paid 35 dollars for a fender steel lap, turned around and sold it on eBay for 4,500, that was my best score ever. Usually I'd stick to 35mm camera and related equipment, still a decent market for it (well back in 2005-2009), but with all these stupid storage shows now people having yard sales think their crap they don't want is worth way to much money and don't work on prices.