Motoseries Aug 10-11 At Putnam

TRMN8TR

The one I'm looking at is $700 new. I would love to find a used one but they sell too fast.

Jinu, what was wrong with it?

Brandon probably figured out that Jinu was forgetting to turn the key to on.

Edited by r1crusher

well, brandon had the idear to check the TPS (also because we were going to basically just start swapping every fucking thing, but wanted to try the TPS first). after some mucking about, we (and I use the word "we" very loosely) figured out that the symptoms of my bike matched the TPS being shorted out and the bike trying to open the throttle bodies without knowing how much fueling to provide via TPS, which puts it into limp mode and stall it.

this lead "us" to trace the TPS wires to the main harness bundle, and along the big bundle, there was a spot on the frame that was sharp and we found a TINY TINY (like, almost as tiny as r1antdick's erect wiener) nick in the bundle which exposed the wire that fed the 5V signal to the TPS.  By tiny, not only do I mean smaller than kevin's vestigial penis, but also, it was just a pink spot the size of a pin head showing through the friction tape/electrical tape.

sadly, we didn't have any electrical tape or friction tape, so just to test it out, we taped up with some painters tape and slapped it back together, fired it up and voila! no more codes. we ran out, spent 45 minutes at walmart getting various tapes and other items for a rape kit, and got back and put about 14 pounds of tape on the spot where it wore through and covered up the sharp spots on the frame as best we could.  i didn't get to test ride it but we're all but certain it is fixed.

so, yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

well, brandon had the idear to check the TPS (also because we were going to basically just start swapping every fucking thing, but wanted to try the TPS first). after some mucking about, we (and I use the word "we" very loosely) figured out that the symptoms of my bike matched the TPS being shorted out and the bike trying to open the throttle bodies without knowing how much fueling to provide via TPS, which puts it into limp mode and stall it.

this lead "us" to trace the TPS wires to the main harness bundle, and along the big bundle, there was a spot on the frame that was sharp and we found a TINY TINY (like, almost as tiny as r1antdick's erect wiener) nick in the bundle which exposed the wire that fed the 5V signal to the TPS.  By tiny, not only do I mean smaller than kevin's vestigial penis, but also, it was just a pink spot the size of a pin head showing through the friction tape/electrical tape.

sadly, we didn't have any electrical tape or friction tape, so just to test it out, we taped up with some painters tape and slapped it back together, fired it up and voila! no more codes. we ran out, spent 45 minutes at walmart getting various tapes and other items for a rape kit, and got back and put about 14 pounds of tape on the spot where it wore through and covered up the sharp spots on the frame as best we could.  i didn't get to test ride it but we're all but certain it is fixed.

so, yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Awesome.  Now what races are you doing at Putnam?

Awesome.  Now what races are you doing at Putnam?

hopefully both sprints and either 20 or 40 depending on who is doing what.  i have a loooooot of catching up to do. 

How the hell did you manage to find something that tiny.

.....i squinted

I was thinking the same thing, probably brought in the Hubble telescope to help find something smaller than R1nutsuckers weiney. 

Glad to hear you got your rape kit put together too, always have to have a few of those on hand.

i usually go for the rear naked choke but sometimes you want to take your time.

Work trip got canceled, so it doesn't look like I'll be to piggyback the trip. Just cannot afford Putnam and Grattan then Nelson at the end of the month.

Have fun and good luck to the racers!

Work trip got canceled, so it doesn't look like I'll be to piggyback the trip. Just cannot afford Putnam and Grattan then Nelson at the end of the month.

Have fun and good luck to the racers!

I still have an open trailer spot....

I still have an open trailer spot....

Thanks, but I just cant swing the additional cost vs Grattan and with Nelson/PIRC soon following, I need to save as much as possible.  I do have a gift certificate for Mid-O Twilight, so I may end up on the track this weekend anyhow   :backtotopic:

Pandarrr is all fixed up, and loaded in the trailer. Hollywood dropped his bike off at my house Sunday and it's loaded up too. My bike is pretty much ready, but waiting on a new master link to show up to see if I replace the swingarm or not so I can have spools on both sides. If not I'll load it up and have to use the stand that lifts from the spool.

My goal is to leave Cleveland by 2 at the latest, pick up Hollywood in C-Bus, and we'll be on our way. Hopefully checking in to the hotel by no later than 9-10.

you're thinking of riders discount with nate.  i say anytime we order anything with nate from now on, we leave him a voicemail ending with fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk

I was aware it was RD not STG, but thanks for point it out for the rest of the slow users.

I'm game to play the Nate game...only rule is you must record the answering of the VM of Nate and your message then post accordingly with a link.

:lol:

I actually ordered one from both STG and RD. I ordered the RD one first not realizing they didn't have it in stock and it probably won't be in till Friday. That doesn't give me enough time. So then I got one from STG.

So if either of them screw up and send me the wrong one I will call and yell FUUUUUCCCCKKKKK.