Motoseries Aug 10-11 At Putnam

TRMN8TR

Really low turn out for the race day.  We really need to figure out how to get more people in there.  I think having Ducati Indy involved will attract more people as they were saying they wanted to get more in and I think they will push.

Speaking of Duc Indy, Matt made us all look REALLY silly.  It was awesome, though because he was showing us all what can be done on a stock 1198S.  The best part was the first 1000 race.  He actually had the bike stall and we were all into turn one before he took off.  He caught and took the lead on lap five and checked out.  5 laps he made it through the pack and to us and passed.  Dude is retarded fast and smooth as Madcat's ass.  

Really low turn out for the race day.  We really need to figure out how to get more people in there.  I think having Ducati Indy involved will attract more people as they were saying they wanted to get more in and I think they will push.

Speaking of Duc Indy, Matt made us all look REALLY silly.  It was awesome, though because he was showing us all what can be done on a stock 1198S.  The best part was the first 1000 race.  He actually had the bike stall and we were all into turn one before he took off.  He caught and took the lead on lap five and checked out.  5 laps he made it through the pack and to us and passed.  Dude is retarded fast and smooth as Madcat's ass.  

I thought we were going to have to help him get it started, that was crazy to watch. I know when I talked to Tommy he wanted to try and get a few more out to race next round there.

I thought we were going to have to help him get it started, that was crazy to watch. I know when I talked to Tommy he wanted to try and get a few more out to race next round there.

Yeah, saw the video.  I had the same issue at Mid-Ohio during the WERA races with all the novices gridded behind.  I was lucky like Matt in being to the far right.  

The humiliating thing was I got the holeshot and lead the first half of the race essentially holding Justin up with the parking it in the corners and my bike's torque compensating.  But then Matt and Justin blew by and it was curtains...

Matt was sick to watch.  I'm just watching his times in the tower....1:12's over and over and over.  I want to say his best was a :12.29 or something like that.  We'll all see once mylaps get updated online but GD I was just in awe watching him going 4 seconds faster than the other top guys (which all did very well respectively).

Edited by r1crusher

Yeah, saw the video.  I had the same issue at Mid-Ohio during the WERA races with all the novices gridded behind.  I was lucky like Matt in being to the far right.  

The humiliating thing was I got the holeshot and lead the first half of the race essentially holding Justin up with the parking it in the corners and my bike's torque compensating.  But then Matt and Justin blew by and it was curtains...

Yea...we need to talk about turns 9 and 10. :D I could hear Justin and Matt screaming, "Watch out for that boat anchor!!"  I could tell you were struggling when they were all going on the outside of you in 9.  You still did good in the last race and even with just the 4 of you out there the fight for 2nd was fun to watch.

that race was amazing, as was he during the race, but i was really afraid for his life when he stalled out and started walking his bike into the path of oncoming riders.  all i could think about was this video clip as one of the riders just BARELY missed him.  in a situation like that, i'm sure it's tough to make a judgement call, but all i could think was "STOP MOVING, THERE ARE PEOPLE COMING!" but i guess if you stay still, people directly behind might still not see you, so you're screwed if you do, screwed if you don't.  scary stuff

i had a fun weekend even though I didn't get a podium of any kind... i was mostly just excited i was able to race at all since my bike started having issues with the MAP sensor and wouldn't idle.  trmn8tr and i (mostly trmn8tr) tore my bike down, checked this and that (thanks to neyra for letting us borrow the voltmeter) and swapped sensors and blah blah blah.  long story short, the bike wouldn't hold idle so i just held the throttle open when needed, and it did fine the rest of the races.  i took 4th in the first sprint, 5th in the second.   i think i took 4th in the mini20, but i'm not sure about that one.  by the mini20, my tires felt pretty shagged out on both sides with what felt like my rear tire going all slippy slidey on me.

i cut 4 seconds from last year, so i was pretty happy about that.  got to battle with phil, soren and trmn8tr and others, and just had fun.

god, i really hate that drive though.