Shops For Turbo Bikes

fungames43232

I have some extremely rich spots in my bike that can not be tuned out.  I have tried everything I can think of to check.  Even with -30% + in the power commander I am still getting down in the 10's for A/F.  Bike is a 00 busa stock with spacer plate.  RCC Stage 2, microtech, power commander, aquamist, HK BOV, logging from an MTX-l and SSI-2.  I did unplug the power commander and microtech and still going rich.  I at a loss and looking for a shop that works on turbo bikes.  Any ideas?

post-10759-0-29607400-1376017657_thumb.j

The graph is difficult to read, but it looks like it is getting rich on throttle roll off? Its not unusual for a turbo'd rig to be down in the 10/11's. The extra heat and compression from compression means you need it richer. What is concerning is how choppy the a/f ratio is and the fact it is getting to be 17:1... twice!! That is WAY too lean for a boosted engine. I don't know how everything is piped/wired/controlled, but something is seriously wrong and I am actually surprised you are not reporting knocking (or a blown piston for that matter). What is the timing you are using, is this under water/meth (are you using meth even with the aquamist), who made this, any exhaust gas temperatures... there are a lot of questions that need to be answered in my mind.

Thank you, I am not running meth, just water and alcohol to keep the freezing away.  I'm not worried about the 17 A/F spikes. I've already tuned them out.  What I do know is as I roll on the throttle, I get a ton of fuel around 6k.  Im already pulling a ton of fuel out.

• 1 month later...

Just an update.  The bike is finally fixed.  The issue ended up being a bent throttle body blade on #1 cylinder and the TB sync was way out of wack.  The rich spots were a very strange symptom.  Another way the issue was found was when #4 plug was unplugged the motor did not change.

It's not big power for turbo busa's but it's enough for me.  Some of the  turbo guys run 500+.   I ride this thing to work and around town.  I don't want to have to run race gas(too expensive).  Pump gas with water injection is the way to go for 300 HP.  I can ride straight from work to the track LOL.