What To Do/where To Go At Geneva On The Lake?

Gixxus Christ!

Heading up there next weekend with my fiancee, neither of us have been there before. I know its full of bars and restaurants, just want suggestions on best food/service, best drink prices/hottest barmaids, etc... Taking the car up because she needs to bring 5 bags for a fucking weekend trip so don't tease me with places to ride.

We are well known for wineries up here...

Firehouse is on the strip... the rest of the wineries I'll mention are only a few miles outside of GOTL.

Ferrante is a very classy restaurant/winery.

Old mill winery is a nice midrange to affordable place to eat.

The sunrise cafe is a cool place to have breakfast... (Their gimmick is that they act rude, but the food is good, and it's kind of fun)

As for the strip, it's pretty small, you can work your way from end to end in an evening... no problem.

Some good suggestions for wineries. My preference is Debonne winery (7743 doty road madison oh) which also includes Cellar Rats Brewery. Sweet wines for the wife and good microbrew for me.

Grand River Cellars on 528 in Madison/Thompson had a nice outdoor patio for dining and usually has live music on the weekends.

Craig

Some good suggestions for wineries. My preference is Debonne winery (7743 doty road madison oh) which also includes Cellar Rats Brewery. Sweet wines for the wife and good microbrew for me.

Grand River Cellars on 528 in Madison/Thompson had a nice outdoor patio for dining and usually has live music on the weekends.

Craig

debonne and grand river are good suggestions...

then you've got lorello, the grand river tavern, more covered bridges than one could shake a stick at, including both the longest and shortest in the country...

Sounds like we will be doing some sight seeing. We are heading up out of massillon and stopping off in Hudson to visit heathers heat and flavor to get some spices and sauces and check the place out. Will probably arrive in Geneva around 2, check-in isn't till 3 so we will have some time to kill, probably drive around, get the lay of the land. I plan on having a rather high BAC by around dusk, hopefully pass out early so I don't stay up and drink myself into a super hangover for Saturday. Looking forward to this trip, we haven't gone anywhere since our yearly Valentine's day trip to Amish country hot tub cabins.

Heathers heat is one of my favorite stores in that area. I'm actually due for a trip too

The cupcake joint is called Main St Cupcakes and possibly one of the best cupcakes I've ever had and we've probably tried a dozen or so of their flavors by now

One of my fb friends also told me about a gourmet popcorn place up there that has buckeye flavor. We may have to spend some extra time in Hudson lol...

If its the place I'm thinking of you can park once and walk to each store as I think they are a couple doors down from each other

so went up there Saturday night spur of the moment. Lots of carney food there to pick from. We picked Big Gus' Sandwich place and it sucked, especially for the price. We parked at the far end of where the strip starts and basically walked all the way to the end and back before eating just to see what was there. We then went to Old Firehouse Winery which was awesome because we lucked out and got a table outside near the band. We also sat next to 2 couples who got food and that shit looked REALLY good. It seemed every waitress however was foreign and somewhat inept at timely customer service. We bought bottles from the counter inside and probably waited in line 20 mins each time. There is only 1 mens and 1 womens restroom and pretty much always had a 15 min line for both.

Next we tried to walk over to the other winery near where we parked but as we were walking the lot a an employee walking out looked at us and said "you know they just closed right?" It was 9:15pm and we saw people in the back and became rather confused. Well my buddy walked back there and sure enough they stopped serving wine and were letting people finish what they had. I found it rather odd since it was a Saturday night.

So we hopped in the car and on the way out there was another Winery on the road back to the highway so we stopped there. They had a nice deck and a band inside playing Country/bluegrass and southern rock. It was pretty empty as we were the only ones sitting on the deck at that point and there was maybe 20-25 people hanging out inside around the band