Truck Or Trailer?

speedytriple

So I am picking up a truck bed camper this weekend. I do not own a truck or a trailer right now. Which would you choose to put the camper in, a truck or a trailer? I am getting the camper for next to nothing, and am looking at options of how to haul it to deer camp this year. Here is a pic of the camper.

gallery_10447_947_242402.jpg

If you can pull a trailer with that on it with whatever you drive now I'd go that route

Unless you are really looking for an excuse to get a truck but in the long run putting it on a trailer is the cheaper route if you got something that will tow it already

I'd be more than happy to help you engineer a trailer...

Hit up a scrap yard for some wheels/tires cheap. maybe an old s10 or ranger truck frame (last time I bought a truck frame from a scrap yard it included front suspension/wheels/tires and cost me $80)

lights/wiring is pretty cheap. $20-$50 depending...

The only bit I think you'd have to buy retail is the hitch connector itself.

Not sure how much you can get the truckbed camper for, but buying that AND a truck or trailer to put it in for tiny space? You can find decent pop up campers you can actually stand up in for little more and some even have extended frames with space for hauling gear/bike/atv

• 2 weeks later...

So I went and made a deal on the camper today. I also made a deal on a 3/4 ton extended cab 4x4 truck to put it in. It will be a few weeks before I get it home and cleaned up. Should be an upgrade from the tent I have been using to camp in for the past few years. 

Not the truck but the same color and truck I am getting but with more rust.

1988_chevrolet_c_k_2500-pic-875988012504

Yeah it will almost bring me up to good ol boy level for camp. I just hope the stove and furnace work in it didn't get a chance to check them out. It's older but solid and dry no water damage at all or leaks. Its been used but upkeep was done on it so its still in good shape.