What if you were able to make an adjustable rearset by milling a plate that bolts up to the frame and accepts stock pegs, shifter and brake via a matrix of tapped holes? Could keep price down and as long as there is enough adjustment on the linkage rod, eliminate complexity as a limiting factor. That idea is mine. I want a piece of the action.

yea something like this. would be awesome. but like you said would have to consider the rod

p24v.png

Edited by Koreo

yea something like this. would be awesome. but like you said would have to consider the rod

p24v.png

Stainless threaded rod and cut to desired length.  Granted you lose the left handed thread on one end and would need to remove the end on the shaft in to the trans to adjust it.

I made boatloads of frame and clutch sliders back in the day when you couldn't buy them anywhere. Also made rearsets for awhile (Ducati and R1 only).

I did it as a fun thing but it turned into a part time job and took all of my free time. Had to deal with asshat customers as well.  I've backed way off and only make one off parts now. Alwya fun to make one part but turns into a real job making 100 of the same part. But CNC will take some of that tedium out of the process.

I always have some projects that folks want me to do, if you're into it, I'll contact you when they want lots of parts made - been turning them away lately.

R1 rearsets:

EaracheRearsetsScottsBikeshifterside_zps[/uR

On the R1, I made the pegs, shift rod and rearsets to work with the OEM levers as a cost savings idea. Also made some to work with CFM levers and a few others as well. MAde a few with my own levers, too.

L]

IMG_0012_zps7c02971a.jpg

Ducati sets

[url=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/EaracheBikeTrips/media/Forum%20crap/IMG_0010_zpsf8587351.jpg.html]IMG_0010_zpsf8587351.jpg

I made the Duc sets based on the OEM part - just thicker and added an extra set of bolt holes for height adjustment. Hard to see in this pic, but they really are thick as shit. It was an easy piece to make and I sold a shit load of them. Subsequent Ducs to the 196 came out with adjustable ones from the factory and kinda killed the market a bit. Bastids.

that's some nice work.  and of course, if there are projects with quantities in the 100's or more (I generally deal in 1000-30000 unit quantities) and you're not up for it, I'd love to take a crack at it.

i have some examples of components I've done work on here:

www.gnutech.net

oh and i forgot to mention that i rode the Grom home from the dealer earlier today.  definitely a fun little bike and a lot of character.  anyone who enjoys bikes should be able to appreciate this bike.  i am determined to learn how to wheelie on it.

finally, a picture

1174666_10103363956830465_745887578_n.jp

I'd say that the first thing it needs is a billet license plate holder - get ride of all that crap plastic hanging off of the back end. Add some nice LED turn signals to the tail while you're at it.

I'd say that the first thing it needs is a billet license plate holder - get ride of all that crap plastic hanging off of the back end. Add some nice LED turn signals to the tail while you're at it.

Yeah, when I picked it up, that was the first thing on my mind other than how it was just screaming for nice bar end mirrors. I think those will get priority and then I'll work on sliders for frame, axle and forks.

it's definitely coming along slowly since i'm so mired in the bread and butter type stuff, but i've got the first project in the works.  my plan is to machine a much sleeker replacement of the fender/license plate holder that will have turn signals and possibly also the brake light integrated.  i think i'll have it available to be anodized in different colors, and probably offer custom laser engraving on it as well.  should be interesting.