Don't Use Rick Roush Motorsports For Service...

hotleadsingerguy

All I can say is "wow", I bought a Olds 88 from a guy across town and he delivered it with a full tank of gas.

Also, after seeing th

Ok I'm back. I had to go look at the picture again, she's so hot I can't wait to see the other guy Ol' Lady.

• Upvote 1

I've only ever had to replace the steels in one bike, and it was a 72 cb500.

I have nothing to add to the thread, other then my first bike was a 72 Honda 500. I bought it used in 1986 and it only had a quarter tank of gas in it when purchased.

Just talked to roush. The butterfly valve on the exhaust was out of adjustment, which was what caused the error code. The tech thinks it's also the reason there were cold-start issues. He's adjusted it to what he said keeps the light off and it didn't have a cold-start issue, but with the torrential downpour the first half of the day he hasn't had a chance to take it for a test ride.

Either way, it's probably good to go. If anyone with a 2013 ZX6R has either of these issues, get it to the dealership and have them look at the adjustment on the butterfly.

LOL he just called back and said it's good to go. $90. I said...come again? He said that fixing the butterfly valve is considered an "adjustment" and wouldn't be covered. He's going to check with the service manager quick because he was, for some reason, under the assumption that I bought the bike used and had no warranty.

I don't even know what to say to that...

So an hour and a half later...the tech called back. They had to call Kawasaki to see if it would be covered and Kawi said it's not a common issue but probably was something mis-adjusted from the factory. Regardless, the warranty did cover it...but I'm glad I know something about the mechanical workings of bikes or they would have screwed me with a $90 charge for nothing.

As for the picture, thanks for now making the entire topic NSFW. Guess I won't be loading it at work anymore.

And you absolutely do buy brand new Audis at other types of dealerships. Volkswagen is the owner of Audi...and yes they do sell brand new Audis at VW dealerships in most places. You should know that Audi is owned by VW, since VW also owns Ducati (VW owns Audi, Audi owns Lamborghini, Lambo owns Ducati). 

So now, what are the 'retarded and simply ignorant' points I've made? Because you haven't really even responded to any of the points I've made. Instead, you've used rhetoric (like you just did, again) to ignore the points I've made and you've created your own. You've, once again, responded to things that I didn't even say and instead chose to respond to points that you, yourself, created.

It's called the Strawman Fallacy, and you've used it to its fullest potential. Then you followed up with tu quoque, since you couldn't actually respond to the argument you just turned it into insults against me. 

But it's fine. Keep using your anecdotal thoughts to prove your points. It definitely helps to prove your point and make you look worth your weight.

You use big words n shit.

VW group is like GM. But you don't buy a Buick at a Chevy dealer. You're not getting it, man. You use big words but miss the simplistic things. You cannot buy an Audi that is brand new from a Porsche dealer. Your logic indicates that I can buy a brand new Lamborghini at the local VW dealer. "Well, Lamborghini is under the VW Group umbrella so, can you order me one so I can buy it?"

If you REALLY wanna argue who owns Ducati and what umbrella we fall under, we can. Should be fun.

I've responded to all your shit. I'm worn out. Google some more big pants words and fire away. This should be good.

Lmfao at this shit! Brian, I miss your shit, no homo. Lol. And this guy... "So glad I know about mechanical workings of bikes" (I'm paraphrasing) yet he freaks out about a little too much oil, and a touch more pressure than recommended... All your "knowledge" seems to come from what you've read in the net. The things you keep whining about are just mind boggling. A bike is like a gun, you thoroughly inspect every part of safety immediately.

A clutch goes out, one that worked perfectly, yet "the tech should've been able to tell".... You burnt the clutch! It doesn't go in and out on wet clutches. It zings and that's that.

The new bike stuff is normal crap. New bike with known issues that you bought anyway... And then bitch about it having the known issue. Tires are fine, oil level needed fixed but do a little hose routing and the excess burns out the exhaust anyway ;)

I have a tiny e-weenie, no balls to speak of, and everyone here knows my pedigree is non existent just like my bike and riding knowledge.

Glad it's fixed, now get it out and ride the piss out of it like it's meant to e ridden

I was enjoying this very entertaining thread....that is, until the previous page and now I want to unseen what I've just seen.  

My eyes hurt.  

But, alas, Brian posts a winner and some badly needed eye salve.  

Edited by baptizo
  • Upvote 1

You use big words n shit.

VW group is like GM. But you don't buy a Buick at a Chevy dealer. You're not getting it, man. You use big words but miss the simplistic things. You cannot buy an Audi that is brand new from a Porsche dealer. Your logic indicates that I can buy a brand new Lamborghini at the local VW dealer. "Well, Lamborghini is under the VW Group umbrella so, can you order me one so I can buy it?"

If you REALLY wanna argue who owns Ducati and what umbrella we fall under, we can. Should be fun.

I've responded to all your shit. I'm worn out. Google some more big pants words and fire away. This should be good.

They're not big words at all...if you think they are then it might be time to expand your vocabulary.

Why would you be able to buy an Audi at a Porsche dealer? Porsche doesn't own Audi...they're both owned by the Volkswagen holding company. You can, however, buy Audis and Porsches at many Volkswagen dealerships.

And you can't order Lamborghinis at Volkswagen dealerships because they keep the line separate from the rest of their holdings. Audi owns the company, but the Germans don't have much input on the creation of the cars, as evidenced by the Aventador's creation history. Aside from major company decisions and such, Lamborghini does what they want with their line, and they keep separate from the rest of the holdings of Volkswagen.

As for Ducati, Audi gained 100% rights over the company's decision-making through their Lamborghini subsidiary. It happened sometime last year.

Aside from your first post, you haven't responded to *any* of my issues or points in this thread. Since that point you've done nothing but used rhetoric to try and make your point through logical fallacies or false application ("You're definitely right, I'm an idiot").

They're not big words at all...if you think they are then it might be time to expand your vocabulary.

Why would you be able to buy an Audi at a Porsche dealer? Porsche doesn't own Audi...they're both owned by the Volkswagen holding company. You can, however, buy Audis and Porsches at many Volkswagen dealerships.

And you can't order Lamborghinis at Volkswagen dealerships because they keep the line separate from the rest of their holdings. Audi owns the company, but the Germans don't have much input on the creation of the cars, as evidenced by the Aventador's creation history. Aside from major company decisions and such, Lamborghini does what they want with their line, and they keep separate from the rest of the holdings of Volkswagen.

As for Ducati, Audi gained 100% rights over the company's decision-making through their Lamborghini subsidiary. It happened sometime last year.

Aside from your first post, you haven't responded to *any* of my issues or points in this thread. Since that point you've done nothing but used rhetoric to try and make your point through logical fallacies or false application ("You're definitely right, I'm an idiot").

:eatdrink: 

Lol. You can't buy a new anything from anywhere that is not a dealer of that brand. It may be a multi-line dealership, but it still is that brand dealership. You don't buy a Cadillac at the Chevy dealer, unless it I a multi-line.

The OP posted a bad experience he had.  I would be mad If my brand new bike/auto was not serviced to the specs that are readily available.  At how many PSI over/under the specs would you allow the service department put your tires before you were pissed?  Too much oil is total noob status by the service department.

The dealer trying to charge him for an "adjustment" on the exhaust butterfly valve, on a brand new bike, is also BS.  

No dealer has to fill the gas tank after a sale.  However, it is an incredibly cheap/easy way to increase customer satisfaction.

OP, thanks for the heads up about this place!  Did I miss the posts about the people that are happy with this place?

All the flamers need to get a life.