Portable Gun Vault's

Cdubyah

So does anyone have a portable vault for their car? Regardless of make or model, what are your thoughts?

Do you prefer the key lock vault? Or the combination lock?

Looking at the options, and trying to figure out if it's A. worth the purchase, B. What the best option is going to be.

Thanks.

I'd go for a key over the combo, especially since you can easily put it on your key chain.

I'd worry less about the make/model, and more on the size and how to affix it to the vehicle. Nothing more usless than a safe that is floating around.

I personally use the glovebox (Locking) and lock the vehicle if I have to leave my weapon. However, If I'm going somewhere that I know I can't carry, and I'm going to be there for a while and then head back home, I usually leave the weapon at home. With that logic and a litte be of pre-planning, I don't feel I have a need for a safe. I'm also not a fan of leaving anything of value in a car if I can help it. My .02.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/gunvault-nanovault-hand-gun-safe.html

is the one that I have, dont over think it. I attach mine to the drivers seat frame. it sits under the drivers seat. cant be easily scene by the naked eye. It hold my 1911 + extra mag, and some credit cards etc if need be. However, I never use it lol

Edited by silentcropduster

No trunk, I drive a truck. So under the seat cabled in, or under the back seat in the storage area cabled in.

Just wondering what the general consensus was. Mainly on combo or key.

I have plenty of bins, and places to put said firearm, but nothing locks. So I would feel uncomfortable just stashing it somewhere.

Edited by Cdubyah

I'm glad I drive a truck that has a somewhat hidden compartment that locks!

I would definitely opt for a key but if you go that route I'd keep one on your keyring and the spare somewhere hidden very well in the vehicle in the small chance your keys get lost with the gun locked in the vault

The key lock style. The point where the cable goes through the case does look a bit flimsy, but I figure it would make it a little more of a effort to get the cable out of the locked box.

Like, one step up from just having the lock box in the vehicle, not secured to anything.

I have only had to use it one time to actually store my firearm. I try not to go to places that are posted, but sometimes it can not be helped.