State Boy Makes A Strange Turn-around

Pfloydgad

Coming home from the Labor Day Ride on Sunday, I had a State  Police officer make a very interesting turn-around.

I had just passed a flatbed big rig that had some very strange wind coming off its uneven load. I,m on St Rt. 29 heading W., I power around him and start coming down from about 75 or so down to around 60. A white car is well ahead of me, I am now doing about 64 and I see the cars brake lights come on about a 1/4 mile ahead of me. It moves to the shoulder and then the lights come on. I figured he would let me pass and then hit me up with a speeding ticket.

But instead he pulls out from the shoulder and is blocking both lanes, I hit the brakes, now about 300 yrds from him, he puts it in reverse, swings it around and is now heading toward me in the oposite lane. I am down to about 40 when I get close, he has a surprised look on his face when he sees me. He gives that OH SHIT look and wave, and then powers away in pursuit of the car that blasted both of us going E.

I am sure he was focused on his radar, and just missed me coming up from behind,  but when he split the roadway, that  few seconds had me thinking he was going to block me. Thank goodness he didn't, but his little manuver wasn't as safe as it could have been. Just goes to show you, even well trained drivers can make mistakes.

Ride safe all,

Greg

I've had a similar episode Greg. Was trailing a Clark County Sheriff westbound Rt41, maybe 100yds behind him. A car comes around a blind turn at a good rate and the deputy locks em up to almost a 180 degree whip and still in my lane. I gripped the binders hard and the front of my bike dove hard but never lost control or locked the front. I threw up my hands as he went by but didn't seem to phase him, apparently late model Crown Vics aren't equipped with motorcycle compliant mirrors :nono: