Who' Da Thought.

Unk Greg

The old Virago had a battery go south, so messing with it. Tested and bad cells. So commenced the search for new battery. First call, $130.....yeah, YIKES! Second call $95... Hmmm, maybe another place....third call and battery now at $80.00 quote.

Trickle charger works maybe I can limp it along.

Then I remember my travels in Amish Country, and a stop at an Amish business. Noticed a rack of.....motorcycle batteries. Wha? the Hey? So I went back there. Yep, they got motorcycle batteries.

"How much I ask?" Depends he says, what battery? So ended up pursuing this. Got a battery for $47.75.

It turns out to be exactly .... EXACTLY....the same battery that was toast in the old Virago.

Who'da thought?!? Amish buggy battery? Dunno.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles
  • Upvote 1

Oh, Sorry....Gingerich Tractor Sales. On SR39 in Holmes County, east of Millersburg and west of Berlin, across from Holmes Lumber. Had trailer rentals too.

He said the mc batteries ranged from $40 to $60.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

I bought a new sealed  Yuasa  battery 2 weeks ago and it was $90 at a local motorcycle shop in Oakwood, Ohio.

I was all set to go off on ride, hit the starter, bike turned over for about a second, heard an "pop" and then nothing.

No head light, no starter crank. 

Two days before, the bike started and ran fine.

I bought a new sealed  Yuasa  battery 2 weeks ago and it was $90 at a local motorcycle shop in Oakwood, Ohio.

I was all set to go off on ride, hit the starter, bike turned over for about a second, heard an "pop" and then nothing.

No head light, no starter crank. 

Two days before, the bike started and ran fine.

My bet its the battery. I have had a couple Yuasa batteries do that. All is well...Hit the start button and pop goes the weasel. Same symptoms as well.