Bald Eagle - Englewood

Limenine9r

Check out one of the Bald Eagles that has been hanging out at the Englewood Dam for the past few weeks

null_zpsdcec55e4.jpg

another friend was photographing Bald Eagles at Eastwood Lake the same morning that I was making these images in Englewood

null_zps675a251c.jpg

I've been seeing (2) juvenile eagles and this one adult at the lake at Englewood Dam

null_zpseee14fd6.jpg

• Upvote 2

Seeing Bald Eagles in the wild is plain awesome.  Great pics!

Agree

There are several nesting pairs near Cleveland. I know of atleast one in the CVNP and one on the East Branch Reservoir in Geauga Co.

My father saw one pick up the kind quarter of a fawn that had been killed accidentally in his field. Amazing the size of these birds.

And yes they are scavengers at least as much as they are fishers. Dead fish just means easy fishing :)

So they will stick around a draining reservoir as long as the fishing or scavenging is good. 

Craig 

Fantastic shots man. I love bald eagles. I'm not far from the dam, I'm going to have to go take a look!

Go take a look around Dye Mill Rd. at the gravel pit. A guy i work with has seen them there a few times this year while on the bike path.