2014 Suzuki V-strom 1000 Abs: First Photos And Specs

Casper

No spokes hurts it when comparing to the Tiger or KTM offerings, and I'm still not convinced it's even in the same category as the Duc or BMW. Cheaper to own and service? Sure, if you're paying someone to do it for you. That's a definite plus in the Suzi's column.

Every one of those models mentioned except the KTM have a cast 19" model that targets mainstream markets more than hard core.

VSTROM seems to try to be 90% of the performance at 60% of the price. A great option for budget conscious buyer's. I still prefer the 650 mostly for the same reasons.

Do not care for the over emphasized beak blah

Craig

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

It looks better than the old one, but that still isn't raising the bar very high :)

Hater......there is no better do it all bike made out there "especially in that price range" and I am also referring to the original Stroms as well. This new model is going to be a very good seller worldwide......I guarantee it. 

That does beg the question though - why are sport adventure bikes so "beaky?" Does that funky beak do anything useful? I personally prefer the naked bike aesthetic - while hide gorgeous engineering under plastic unless you're racing?

Dmn looked through the pictures again and all I can see is that stupid beak. The bike look like a bird and not in a good way.

Visually the new bike has much less bulk to the front with the narrower headlight and visual breakup around the front fairing. But I cant get past the stupid over emphasized beak. And Im usually one who couldn't care less what a bike looks like.

Spec wise is is just an incremental upgrade similar to the DL650 a couple years ago. Keeps it relevant but not class leader. 

Craig

Dmn looked through the pictures again and all I can see is that stupid beak. The bike look like a bird and not in a good way.

Visually the new bike has much less bulk to the front with the narrower headlight and visual breakup around the front fairing. But I cant get past the stupid over emphasized beak. And Im usually one who couldn't care less what a bike looks like.

Spec wise is is just an incremental upgrade similar to the DL650 a couple years ago. Keeps it relevant but not class leader. 

Craig

Yet Stroms outsell them all except for the GS, so seems to me they are pretty close to the class leader. You own a Strom, but the updated/re-designed 650 and 1000 models are much more different than the originals. Suzuki is very smart and they are testing the waters with this, don't forget that we all live in cruiser country "YUCK". Pretty safe bet I will have one in a few years,only other bike that may tempt me more is a Super Tenere.