2013 Deer Season

grapesmuggler27

I have to agree with what looks like a broken leg that is not going to heal right it would be the humane thing to put him down quickly. I worked on the deer rig all day cleaning it out inside and started to paint the outside, half done before I ran out of paint and sunlight...

post-10447-0-35331800-1380412158.jpg

post-10447-0-17656000-1380412316.jpg

post-10447-0-36619900-1379282102.jpg

He'll still be tasty even with a messed up leg

Yeah if its messed up that bad put him out of his misery before he is eaten alive by coyotes

Yeah definitely looks like he needs put down and out of his suffering.  When it comes hunt time for a Yote, or something he'll be the first to go and suffer during it.  Make it quick and easy or call the wilfelife people to do it if you're residential.  

Leg is definitely broken.  I offered up to both my brother in laws who bow hunt to come over and take him, but of course neither wanted to waste a buck permit on a small, and very skinny buck. Game warden only lives a mile from me, and I've talked to him in the past at the local gun club. His stance is to take it legally, or let nature take it's course. Says there's plenty of deer running around tripod that last a lot longer than anyone gives them credit for. Even with all his hobbling around the yard for an hour eating, when the wife pulled in the driveway, he three legged it at a pretty good clip up in to the woods behind the barn.

Leave the deer alone! That deer will be absolutely fine. You would be amazed at how strong a deer is and how quickly that will heal. Guarantee if no one shoots this buck you will see him next season.

Exactly, I've shot more than a few deer that had injured legs. Hell, my dad shot a nice 9 point that only had 3 legs. They will either survive or nature will take its course.

On that note, another crop damage permit photo.

post-13820-13805517166108.jpg

Exactly, I've shot more than a few deer that had injured legs. Hell, my dad shot a nice 9 point that only had 3 legs. They will either survive or nature will take its course.

On that note, another crop damage permit photo.

You do know coons do more damage to a corn crop than deer
  • Upvote 1

I received this pic in a text from my hunting buddy...  He said it was taken Friday evening somewhere between Mt. Gilead and Mansfield.  I don't know who it is or anything else about it, but the photo is apparently circulating like wild fire (No doubt!)

95Big95Deer95_zpsda9672fe.jpg

Yep, It was shot in Wayne county just outside of Wooster. You can follow the thread on it on archerytalk as more info comes out. 

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2103099&highlight=wooster

I received this pic in a text from my hunting buddy...  He said it was taken Friday evening somewhere between Mt. Gilead and Mansfield.  I don't know who it is or anything else about it, but the photo is apparently circulating like wild fire (No doubt!)

95Big95Deer95_zpsda9672fe.jpg