2013 Deer Season

grapesmuggler27

Well, I was coming home last night and they were cutting the beans from my primary coyote hunting field. I drove by this morning and it didnt look like they got them all down and this crappy rain will probably delay then another day or 2 to dry again. Hopefully they will have them down by this weekend and I can go and pop a coyote or 2. 

Edited by flounder

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing too major but its ramping up. All of our bucks have split up and are either cruising by themselves,pairing up with does or harassing them.

The next couple weeks will hopefully be productive

sent from a treestand on the back forty

Does everyone eat what they kill? A guy a work likes to hunt but doesn't like the meat. The last 3 years I've paid to have it processed and kept the meat but he may not go this year because the place he hunts is no longer going to allow hunting (somewhere in NE OH). So, if anyone doesn't want the venison, I'd be interested.

I haven't hunted since I was a kid. I shot a deer and when we caught up to it and it was laying there, bleeding out. It made me feel bad and I've never really had the desire to do it again. They are tasty though.

Does everyone eat what they kill? A guy a work likes to hunt but doesn't like the meat. The last 3 years I've paid to have it processed and kept the meat but he may not go this year because the place he hunts is no longer going to allow hunting (somewhere in NE OH). So, if anyone doesn't want the venison, I'd be interested.

I haven't hunted since I was a kid. I shot a deer and when we caught up to it and it was laying there, bleeding out. It made me feel bad and I've never really had the desire to do it again. They are tasty though.

I always eat what I kill. My moto is if its brown its down you cant eat horns
  • Upvote 1

I eat what I kill unless my freezer is full, then it goes to my family, who all also hunt, but don't get out as much as me. Or I donated my last one to Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry.

Looks like she busted you grapes. Might want to think about moving your stand even if only 20 yards. I got busted couple years ago this way. Had doe that had been coming in everyday, then finally in comes the buck with her. As soon as I drew that bitch flagged up and took off and so did the nice 10 that was with her. I have also been busted, moved spots and watched, sure as shit the deer that busted me two nights before walked right in and looked up in the tree he busted me from...I got the last laugh on that one!

I've armed all the local deer with frickin' laser beams on their heads. Game on, bitches! :)

The wife and I will likely be heading out to my in-law's land out in Iowa around Christmas for late muzzleloader/holiday season. Expensive as shit out of state tags though.

Looks like she busted you grapes. Might want to think about moving your stand even if only 20 yards. I got busted couple years ago this way. Had doe that had been coming in everyday, then finally in comes the buck with her. As soon as I drew that bitch flagged up and took off and so did the nice 10 that was with her. I have also been busted, moved spots and watched, sure as shit the deer that busted me two nights before walked right in and looked up in the tree he busted me from...I got the last laugh on that one!

Didn't bust me at all, she hung around for another 15 min before she walked out of sight. Someone close to the property was shooting some pistols and that's what got her attention. This picture was shot a few min after

post-11440-0-07688200-1383703845_thumb.j

Edited by grapesmuggler27

Nice, first picture looked like she was staring right at you about to start stomping her paw!

I took 25 pictures of her and a video. She was around a good while this certain spot is a deer hot spot in a nice pinch point where 3 fields come together 1 crp field where they bed and 2 soybean fields with a creek that's right in there as well. I don't yunt it very often because I can never get a good wind but that day the wind was perfect

• Upvote 1