2013 Deer Season

grapesmuggler27

LOL no genny this year I am going stealth in the camper baby. I got the mr heater buddy for heat and lanterns for light and the range for cooking I'm good to go. Only draw back is I have to leave camp in it everyday as I am going solo due to everyone being to busy to hunt for a week. So I will have to find a new space if the old one is taken everyday, and no leaving wood anywhere or it will be gone when I get back. I am just going to walmart and getting five bundles of their fire wood and throwing it in the cab of the truck. 

Honestly the only thing that excites me about shotgun is taking my Dad and Brother hunting and getting them a deer to kill... over the last 5 years I have come to the point that I would much rather hunt them with a bow. Just no other feeling then finally getting that one you have been hunting all year inside 20 yards and having to com your ecstatic breathing down to make the shot!

• Upvote 2

I just enjoy getting away for the week, being outdoors away from the city. It's hard for me to find a decent place to bow hunt on public that i feel safe with leaving any equipment at. And its such a long drive that i dont get out often for bow. I still have not found anyone with private propery that i can go bow hunt with. I am willing to drive, so thats not the problem.

Edited by speedytriple

This^^ i plan to go for meat, if it has horns that will work also. I am packing up the camper today with everything non food, will throw the food in a cooler and pick up ice when i gas up saturday. Open invite if anyone is around the warsaw area and wants to swing by look for the big ugly black truck camper. Or i can send my number to ya.

Glad I could get you out buddy! Very nice size doe, pics do not do her justice but she is about 180lbs. We had 11 deer come out on that drive and they were all full size deer. Now to head back there in the next couple weeks and knock some yotes down!

• Upvote 1