2013 Deer Season

grapesmuggler27

Glad I could get you out buddy! Very nice size doe, pics do not do her justice but she is about 180lbs. We had 11 deer come out on that drive and they were all full size deer. Now to head back there in the next couple weeks and knock some yotes down!

There's a couple gut piles we should be sitting on! When ever you go out for yotes let ke know, would love to help you knock some of them out of there

That's what Ive been wondering too, but I don't think so.  He was by Mansfield, the only fenced reserve I know of is off 70 towards Newark.  I've seen that sign before with another guy who got a big doe, so can't really say.

But I agree 100% if that is the case, I think hunting in a big fenced area is pussyassbullshit.  Just for the record I don't hunt, but that's my feelings on that.  I get that parks etc may be fenced in, but not the same as being fed and bred to be shot in a reserve.

K, I just pulled up Facebook, looks like they are just leasing land as well, so basically farmland leased to hunt.  FWIW He was the guy I saw the sign in during bow season, he got a doe with a crossbow. 

So looking like not the fenced preserve like off 70, but leased land from people.  

That's cool then. I agree. Prolly a group pimpin out property with a fancy name to hunters. I took pictures of HUGE deer in a fenced preserve this summer south of Carrollton. It was called Fair chase farms or something like that. I thought they said they sell the deer to someplace in Mansfield.

Speedy, are you sitting on some run ways or anything or just a spot you found a couple years ago that you seen some deer? Sign is a big factor for me when hunting. not trying to be stupid but if you don't understand what I am saying PM me and I will go into pretty good detail with you about what I am talking about.

There is a very beat down game trail 35 yards down from me that has fresh scat and prints scouted sunday and tuesday. Wish i had a few people with me to drive with but im solo as always. Edit i also had good wind monday and today as well.

Edited by speedytriple

Figure out where there's a feeding area around you, cut corn bean field etc find a trail and go about 100 -200 yeards from feeding area, with the pressure they are not going to be heading out to feed until dark so you want to be far enough away to get them while they are movi g