2013 Deer Season

grapesmuggler27

Almost 20000 acres, its huge. I have another spot to try thursday if it rains. Good pine cover found a rub or two and lots of beds in the feild by it.

If you haven't gotten anything by saturday afternoon, I'm sure I can bring a couple folks and we can do some drives through there. Pm me if your interested

A whole 7 days for gun season.  Man is this state's hunting system screwed up.

Decided to go out and sit behind the barn.....looks like lots of traffic, but it must be nighttime only as nothing has been happening back there during daylight hours.

Tonight should be good hunting, with the storm moving in over night get close to feeding areas tonight. Good luck everyone. According to the game movement chart the 4:00 hour is going to be off the chart. Wishing I could sit tonight. The barometric pressure is also on the rise, if your a beliver in that affecting movment its a good sign

Edited by grapesmuggler27

Camper was great took it slow and easy on the way down and back and while down there. No leaks was toasty warm even shut the heater off last night. Easy to cook in with no wind like when tent camping. Not having to set up camp was nice also. Put the steps down and enjoy. Unpacking tonight sucked still doing my dirty wash(third load one to go) I was going to sell it next spring but might keep it and fix the truck up some.

post-10447-0-24775600-1386292834_thumb.j

Edited by speedytriple

Yeah I blew my shot for the second year in a row on my nice buck. This summer all I am shooting is my shotgun with slugs in it. LOL I'm gonna be a super shot by summers end. 

Practice makes perfect so they say.  I always bought lots of slugs and made sure I practiced with the same ammo I was going to hunt with.  But now I primarily use my muzzle loader with a scope on it.   zk1ff6.jpg

I am looking into a muzzle loader next week. Most of the deer that where taken at camp was with a muzzle loader. Plus it adds a week for gun season.

Maybe I read it wrong, but what I saw is Muzzie season is Jan 4-Jan7, 2014, 4 days next month.