2013 Deer Season

grapesmuggler27

Took the biggest in the group. 90 on the scale. Enjoyable afternoon of watching deer. Watched one bed down at 80y, then a cute little brown ball of button buck fur walked to the tree stand and took a nap at about 20 yards. Then 7 came into eat 45 minutes later, waited for the perfect shot. Over in 30 seconds.

post-9795-0-47841800-1386547418_thumb.jp

Took the biggest in the group. 90 on the scale. Enjoyable afternoon of watching deer. Watched one bed down at 80y, then a cute little brown ball of button buck fur walked to the tree stand and took a nap at about 20 yards. Then 7 came into eat 45 minutes later, waited for the perfect shot. Over in 30 seconds.

Should be tender and sweet to eat.....congrats on the deer!

• 2 weeks later...

Unluckiest day.  Spent a good 3 hours out this morning on family acreage in west Iowa with an antlerless holiday muzzleloader tag.  Had a 12-point walk 20 yards behind me and about an hour later a 6-point 25 yards off to my 11 o'clock  and 2 4-points on my 3 o'clock at 20 yards all at the same time.  Bastards knew what my tag was and were taunting me while the does walked by about 120 yards in front of me through the woods.

Edited by smashweights

Lol sounds like my luck. I am headed out in the morning with the xbow. Gonna take my muzzle loader with me to go to the range to zero it in the afternoon.

This morning had another 2 4-pointers and a 6-pointer go by then 2 6-pointers at another spot in the evening as well as two yearlings that came up and practically licked me.  My luck is s*** right now for respectable does showing up.  Wife shot a yearling this morning.  Picks to come later.

She take it with a bow or cross bow?

I think they are in iowa so most likely a rifle.

Yep, Iowa and muzzleloader.  But she used to compete in archery during high school so probably could probably hunt bow.  Need to get us a chest freezer now.

Edited by smashweights

Yep, Iowa and muzzleloader.  But she used to compete in archery during high school so probably could probably hunt bow.  Need to get us a chest freezer now.[/quote
Yep, Iowa and muzzleloader.  But she used to compete in archery during high school so probably could probably hunt bow.  Need to get us a chest freezer now.

Craigslist got a nice one last year for like $40

ame="smashweights" post="1369132" timestamp="1388490829"]Yep, Iowa and muzzleloader.  But she used to compete in archery during high school so probably could probably hunt bow.  Need to get us a chest freezer now.[/quote

Craigslist got a nice one last year for like $40

Former dead body freezer?

Yeah but i'm sure if there are deals up here that has to be some in your area. If I knew for sure I was gonna be off for opening day of muzzle loader I would be willing to bring something down when I go hunting but it looks like I might have to work Saturday night now. I will still get out local for the sun up hunting but more local. 

here you go 

http://columbus.craigslist.org/app/4236797594.html

Edited by speedytriple

Any of you guys hunt public land?  I was thinking about picking up my Ohio license and a tag and going out this weekend for muzzleloader season, but my brother-in-law says he wouldn't ever set foot on public hunting land during a gun season.  Thoughts?