Winter track day trips

Jester_

I've toyed with the idea of hitting up the Middle GA Kart track some time this winter.  With the baby due in January, that seems unlikely...  I may still try to sneak down in March.  Anyone know if an XR100 will fit through the tailgate (or side door) of a Dodge Caravan?  I would be borrowing my parents' ride.

We have an 18ft enclosed to throw everything in. Could probably squeeze 6 bikes in if we tried hard enough but only have 5 seats in the truck lol.

Anyone done any track days in Texas? I think with 4 bikes everyone would spend $175 for gas round trip to Jennings.

Edited by Jester_

I've toyed with the idea of hitting up the Middle GA Kart track some time this winter.  With the baby due in January, that seems unlikely...  I may still try to sneak down in March.  Anyone know if an XR100 will fit through the tailgate (or side door) of a Dodge Caravan?  I would be borrowing my parents' ride.

I've seen a full 600 sportbike in one of those Caravan's, I think you'll be ok.

So when are we going Ryan?

Based of weather trends, I think the best time would be somewhere in March.  Highs in the mid 70's and not getting too cold overnight.  Not sure of how the track is in the cold.

Saturday-Monday on the track.  Leave Friday, come back tuesday. Hotel or camping depending on costs.

Based of weather trends, I think the best time would be somewhere in March.  Highs in the mid 70's and not getting too cold overnight.  Not sure of how the track is in the cold.

Saturday-Monday on the track.  Leave Friday, come back tuesday. Hotel or camping depending on costs.

Anytime after the first weekend of March is usually fine.  The track has more grip than any other track in the US, at least I'd put it up against any.  Bring a ton of spare rears, you'll need them if you are running halfway decent times.    Temps are fine on the track, it's a good pave and warms up by first session.  I think we normally went down mid march if I remember correctly, like the week before bike week.  Awesome place, camping at the track, showers, food truck, some trackside vendor showed up randomly last year, and we all got his card.  He was from NY so no idea wtf, but he was legit too.