new general use camp knife

speedytriple

So i picked up a new general use camp knife today. It is a morakniv carbon steel blade model. Very sharp out of the box, like shave your hair off sharp. Read great reviews on these for the price($16) and wanted to try one. Will report back when it gets some field use. It seems like it would be a great camp knife. Light weight and sharp with ease to resharpen from what i've read. Anyone use one before, any reviews?

post-10447-0-95726700-1382325068_thumb.j

I ran into a guy at deer camp last year that gutted skinned and cut up 4 deers with one and never had to resharpen it!! That kinda sold me on trying one out, I watched him skin two of the four so I know it will do 2 with ease. It's a no frills knife, not fancy but the grip on the handle is great and so is the edge. And Cody from that survival show uses one LOL! Here is a better stock pic then my crappy cell shot..

824_ebff113050144da8622c4cd06a1db4fd.jpg

http://www.moraofsweden.se/home-1.0.115.2

Edited by speedytriple

I have to say that mora has great customer service as well. I sent an e-mail about some rough edges on the knife I bought, and a less sharp front end. They asked for pics and a purchase date. I sent them in, and just received a e-mail that said they would send me a new knife. The knife was not defective in any way just a rough finish on the spine and a ding in the blade edge on the front of it. It would still shave the hair off your arm sharp. They offered to ship a new knife to me and keep the old one. Great customer service to say the least. Mind you they are shipping it from Sweden no less. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brandts BBQ does not need a knife.

You got that right.....his can be taken apart with a dull spoon

I have to say that mora has great customer service as well. I sent an e-mail about some rough edges on the knife I bought, and a less sharp front end. They asked for pics and a purchase date. I sent them in, and just received a e-mail that said they would send me a new knife. The knife was not defective in any way just a rough finish on the spine and a ding in the blade edge on the front of it. It would still shave the hair off your arm sharp. They offered to ship a new knife to me and keep the old one. Great customer service to say the least. Mind you they are shipping it from Sweden no less.

The price, performance, and "stand behindedness" says enough to entice my interests....subscribed