Chl renew

2talltim

Mine expires on the 12th of January, to save me from having to look it up I've got a few questions. I know the laws have changed here and there so... How soon can I apply for renew? And do I simply take my class certificate I got 5 years ago Dec 28th and able to use it since I was told they were good for 5 years? How have rules that changed in the last 5 years change things since I got my first license?

Edited by 2talltim

You can do it up to 90 days before it expires. You just need to fill out that same form again, and a copy of your old CHL is all that is needed. The rule change you are asking about is the second time you renew, you don't need to take a refresher class.

You can do it up to 90 days before it expires. You just need to fill out that same form again, and a copy of your old CHL is all that is needed. The rule change you are asking about is the second time you renew, you don't need to take a refresher class.

Nice, so they did pass it and for the 2nd renewal no class required now?  I have 3 more years before needing my 2nd renewal, but Franklin county did mark mine as a "New" issue, even though it was a renewal as it was the first one I had in Franklin county.  Not sure how that will work out when I go to renew again, but sounds like doesn't matter anymore.  Unless the 3rd renewal requires a class?  I plan on obtaining a FL license this winter/spring anyways so I can carry in CO and NH, but figure I still want my OH to be current and valid the whole time too.

My better half's expired next month. She just went thru the process at Knox. Check on their website, as I believe they have specific days/times for chl walk ins. It was painless and turn around was approx. 2 weeks. Just take your current chl with you, completed renewal form (they have them@the front window) they will take your finger prints and $$, then call you when the background is finished.

sent from a treestand on the back forty