Long exposure of lane splitting in LA

Casper

i am so ahead of the curve. i posted that on FB almost 2 weeks ago... today it gets posted on reddit, which means casper posts it here. :lol:  :lol:

you guys can just follow me on FB if you want to be ahead of the curve too :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 2

i am so ahead of the curve. i posted that on FB almost 2 weeks ago... today it gets posted on reddit, which means casper posts it here. :lol:  :lol:

you guys can just follow me on FB if you want to be ahead of the curve too :lol:  :lol:

You're so hipster.

Cool looking image.

But 90 degree turns to cross lanes and a complete lack of motion in both directions for the several minutes this trip would have taken????

yea right...................

Craig

Gotta agree, no blur of the body of the motorcycle only the lights?  Skeptical.

Pretty cool. I wish more riders filtered around Columbus. Get the drivers more used to it so I dont get as many dirty looks...

Filtering happens at a traffic light. Motorcycles "filter" to the front through stopped traffic. This slightly reduces congestion as motorcycles often accelerate quicker. Lane splitting is somewhat the same concept, but while traffic is moving (or should be, like in the pic). Both, as far as I know, are illegal in Ohio. 

Both, as far as I know, are illegal in Ohio. 

Not illegal, there is no law in Ohio that mentions filtering or lane splitting. However, getting the Judge to overturn the improper lane usage ticket you would get is another story. Lane splitting is a matter of interpretation of OTHER laws, or mis-interpretation depending upon how you look at it.

Very cool pic, nice find.

It is not explicitly illegal, though the consensus is that a police would have no shortage of options if he wanted to write you a ticket. From failure to signal a lane change up to reckless endangerment.

For me, commuting is the raison d'etre for motorcycle ownership. It saves 20 minutes each way taking 23 into Delaware County in rush hour.

Right or wrong, I also feel it is safer between lanes as opposed to waiting to get rear ended.

My tune my change if I start racking up tickets, but it would be hard for me to go back to sitting in traffic.

It is not explicitly illegal, though the consensus is that a police would have no shortage of options if he wanted to write you a ticket. From failure to signal a lane change up to reckless endangerment.For me, commuting is the raison d'etre for motorcycle ownership. It saves 20 minutes each way taking 23 into Delaware County in rush hour. Right or wrong, I also feel it is safer between lanes as opposed to waiting to get rear ended. My tune my change if I start racking up tickets, but it would be hard for me to go back to sitting in traffic.

I agree. Fortunately we don't have too many motorcycle cops around here to write tickets. The pic is definitely photoshop work though.

this is actually a vespa ad for australia... the 90 degree turns are one thing. also note that it says "slower traffic keep left" and "exit sydney"... even though the cars are on the wrong side of the street for australia... plus they are not australian cars either... 

looks like they took an LA pic and did some photoshopping.

http://www.coloribus.com/adsarchive/prints/vespa-motorcycles-light-trail-11149405/

Edited by John

The f150, taurus and lincoln appear to have their brake lights on...

The car overwhelmingly had their brakes OFF, meaning they were all moving or in park.  Either this picture was a composite of these cars all sat without moving even an inch for 5 minutes.  Even the oncoming cars that are not stuck in traffic.

Edited by Scruit

The car overwhelmingly had their brakes OFF, meaning they were all moving or in park.  Either this picture was a composite of these cars all sat without moving even an inch for 5 minutes.  Even the oncoming cars that are not stuck in traffic.

I don't think the scooter would take 5 minutes to travel the distance you're seeing... those cars might have had to remain motionless for a minute, for the scooter to go the 30 or 40 car lengths shown...

its almost as if they send the PHOTO to some sort of SHOP to be manipulated... do you guys think thats possible? is there some type of PHOTO SHOP out there that people can use to edit photos and make composite images for advertising purposes? ;)