RIP Kurt Caselli

Moto-Brian

My time at KTM was wonderful. Tons of fond memories and soooo many amazing people. I was kind of an outsider to a degree because I was such a road guy. I had some MX experience and worked for several companies that were top MX brands.

The one thing that stands out was just how great the people were. The regional reps that welcomed me in and became brothers to me, the management that were so core off road and to the racers. I've had the honor of hanging around some of the worlds best racers that get swarmed by fans for autographs. They are well recognized in whatever field of racing they compete. And at KTM, Kurt Caselli was god.

In being around these guys so often, you become calloused to the fact they are so high level and so recognized. They are so normal and so down to earth. I never got to really spend any time with Kurt, but met him a couple of times at dealer meetings and such. I do know how great a personality he was. He was like so many other athletes I've met. Such a friendly dude and never once full of himself.

Dunno. I'm at a loss. It brings back memories of friends and colleagues I've met along the way. I have so many new friends at the new gig, but can never forget those I've met up to this point. It's too often that we lose a great athlete to the sport of motorcycling. It causes a brief moment of realizing mortality and just how dangerous this all is. I've watched friends pass away. I've seen friends injured severely. But I've watched the human spirit live on and show us the true reason why I love this sport. Kurt Caselli was an amazing racer and a great human being.

God speed, Kurt.